A neat Model T photo of one all dressed up for prohibition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: A neat Model T photo of one all dressed up for prohibition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 07:03 pm:

Model T

A Model T all dressed up for a prohibition event.
Stop by http://theoldmotor.com to see thousands more great period photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 07:17 pm:

David,

Nice photo. Appears to be relatively new or at least not a well used T based on the bright paint on the splash apron, rear fender and wheels. The bulb horn and the brass trim side lamp would lead me to think it is a 1915. While the cowl could be any 1915-1916. The location of the horn on the steering column is seen on some early 1915 USA cars and of course many Canadian 1915 cars as the Canadian cars had a front door on both sides of the car so the horn was bulb could not be mounted there. I don't think prohibition was much of an issue in Canada -- so I would guess USA car.

Again thank you for posting it and for providing so many other great photos on your site.

Respectfully submitted

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:20 pm:

ACTUALLY -

There was prohibition in Canada. It was done on a provincial basis and was widespread by the 1920. Like the U.S., it was abused and ultimately eliminated.

Most Americans are probably not aware of this. I'll let those who are interested do their own research.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska - Denver Colorado on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:31 pm:

What the heck. I'll drink to that!

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:52 pm:

A couple of hints that it's probably a USA car: the flag; the sign (it says state, not province).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration