2011 Speedster Reunion Video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 2011 Speedster Reunion Video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 01:39 am:

Speedway Motors posted this, nice video of several of the cars that were at the reunion this past summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPSagDuuRzI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 02:08 am:

cool video, I wish I could get back there and participate in that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:33 am:

Ed Archer and others in the rain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:49 am:

The number 4 car that starts it out is John Steele's original 30's racer. It is a T engine with lots of go fast stuff. It ran for about 20 miles, lost the center main and numbers 2 and 3 rods. We loaded it in the rain and wind. Still a fun day but lots more fun when they run. I had a bunch of video and pics of this run also but I lost them in my computer crash. Nice to see this one. Maybe somebody will post a longer one wil all the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 04:10 pm:

Great video, I can sure relate to Johns break down. My speedster that I owned for only 5 days ate a valve, breaking part of the rajo head casting on its way back out. All this after 30 mins total run time. (best 30 mins ever) Looking forward to speedster runs this spring/summer. Does anyone know the date for this run 2012?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 04:27 pm:

I don't think there will be another until 2013.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 05:25 pm:

The Speedster Reunion is every other year, so 2013 is next. There will be a Speedster Run in 2012 in Richland Center, Wisconsin. June 14-17 I think. No particulars on it yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:59 am:

And don't forget the SCVMTFC Endurance Run! Of course, we're mean and nasty and don't let cars run some modern modifications. But that is why it is still one of the best runs around. 2012 should be on June 9 and 10!

Drive carefully, and enjoy the season! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 03:10 am:

By the way, I watched that video. There were some very nice speedsters and racers there along with a bunch of regular As and Ts!
Mike V, thank you for posting that! Just watching it makes me want to get out on a run again! I wonder if I could make it to Nebraska in 2013?
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:47 pm:

Wayne - Those "regular" As and Ts were not so regular. They had overhead valve engines, one of the T's had more accessories then I knew existed, it was amazing.

Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration