OT Benz Patent Motor Car Model 1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT Benz Patent Motor Car Model 1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 01:00 pm:

I was traveling through the Frankfurt airport a couple days ago and saw this on display. I thought you all may enjoy a few photos.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:34 pm:

Those are cool! I saw one running at Chickasha a couple of years ago. I think it belongs to McPherson College who brought it to the swap meet. I think I heard that they reproduced 100 of them for the 100th anniversary. I could be wrong.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:38 pm:

Nice car, there's some info on these on Youtube they made a few reproductions of this model they were selling in the low $20K range. Not sure who reproduced them but I'm sure someone else knows more about this than me, I would like to have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:57 pm:

Here's the one from McPherson College. It ran at Chickasha March 18, 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBE38MRj05Q

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 10:42 pm:

I saw one at a local show a few years back. They were driving it around showing off. As the 'car' went to go up a small ramp, it started loosing momentum and almost rolled back until a couple bystanders pushed it up the rest of the way.

I hollered "Get a Ford!", the driver wasn't too pleased with my comment. His face got mighty red.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:19 pm:

There is one at the Kemp Auto Museum in Chesterfield, Missouri http://www.kempautomuseum.org/Museum/Collection.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 08:11 am:

I have a model of the Benz Patent Motor Car made by (I believe) Franklin Mint. Very nice detail. Beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 08:35 am:

The Nethercutt Collection has had one at the entrance for a number of years.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration