Generator housing MFG.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Generator housing MFG.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 06:39 pm:

I've noticed on some generator housings the name BELLE made into the rolled steel. I think the company might be LA BELLE or Maybe EA BELLE. Any info about who Ford had supply these could be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 06:44 pm:

Model T generator cases were machined from rolled pipe. You will find many different partial manufacturer names on the cases.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:59 pm:

That should read "commonly purchased rolled/welded pipe" with the "pipe manufacturers names" embossed on the outside of the casing.
The same is true of starter cases.
If you look closely you will also find Ford in script and a final inspection mark stamped on the outer case.
I am finishing rebuilding eleven starters and have been looking at this all week.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:27 pm:

It just struck me the Ford script and inspection marks are easily seen in the bead blast cabinet. After painting they are hard to capture in a photo.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:17 am:

I think the wish bone on my 1918 TT has NATIONAL
written down the length of one side in the pipe.

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration