Tail light lense help!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Tail light lense help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:52 am:

This tailight assembly came in a box when I inherited my 22 touring cut off. I bought the lense that is in it but it has to be the wrong one because there is no room for a bulb. So the question is what is the proper lense for this assemble and does anyone have a picture? Thanks James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper . . Keene, NH on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 03:33 am:

Hi James,

It appears that the bulb socket has moved too far into the lamp body and thereby preventing you from mounting the lens while the bulb is in place. The lens does look to be correct. Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 03:55 am:

Back that socket out, the only thing that should be in the drum is the bulb. You see that small looking clip there on the side in your second pic?
That's the clip that holds the socket in place on the other side of the bracket (you can see how the area just behind it looks rather weathered, that should indicate just where the right position really is).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:23 am:

Is this a Canadian car by chance ? I have seen several Canadian T's with a similar lamp & bracket arrangement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 03:22 pm:

This is not a canadian T. Thanks for your help guys I will look at it tonight and see if I can back the socket out. Also is there suppose to be something covering the window that lights up the license plate? I can't amagine that would be left open. Thanks James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 04:44 pm:

That small widow can be cut from some clear plastic. (I save the toy covers from Xmas for this.) A bit of trial and error is required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:39 am:

James,
Jack is on the ball with the use of clear plastic for the license plate window in your taillight. I cut mine from a clear soft drink bottle. It's pre-curved and a bit thicker than most clear packaging product.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:34 am:

James,

the standard bulb would have been a #63 for 6V if it is a single contact bulb

I think...and only think...that if you pop the lense out again, pull the socket out from the front, and try to reinsert it from the rear, you will probably be home free.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration