24-25 T Coupe body numbers question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 24-25 T Coupe body numbers question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:23 am:

This is in reponse to an earlier thread about body numbers by Brian.
I have some floor board risers that also have body numbers on them.
I believe its 395522B. I am posting a pic to see the riser and number. Maybe Dave Sonoski who has done a lot or research on the 24-25 Coupes knows the answer. I have some extra 24-25 Coupe parts and noticed the number on it. riser no.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:41 pm:

John,

I'm reasonably sure that the serial numbers on the floor board risers are serial numbers assigned by the Briggs Mfg. Co. They were supplying Ford with complete Coupe bodies during the 1924 model year (and some in the 1925 model year). Can you verify the number, the first digit looks like a 1, not a 3. If it is a 1, then it is probably from around early March 1924. If it is a 3, then it is the highest number I've seen and would be after April of 1925.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:48 am:

Dave the first no. is a 3. At first glance in the pic it looks like a 1 but looking really close you can see it is a 3. When I bought a bldg. full of Model T parts, partial bodies and etc. in the early 70's there were pieces of a Coupe like the one I inherited and restored.
The cowl was among the parts and I dissambled it a few weeks ago to sell some of the pieces. Thats when I noticed the no. on the floorboard riser. I have no idea if the cowl section is 24 or 25. It is identical to my very late 24 Coupe which probably is a 25. Here is a pic of the parts from the cowl. cowl parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:57 am:

Hi John,

I would say it was a 25. The rocker panels you have are the 25 style. The easy way to tell a 24 cowl from the 25 cowl is that the 25 cowl has the molding and panel which runs under the window stamped across the top of the cowl. The 24 model year had a separate panel under the window and the molding is a separate piece which nailed on over the joint between the cowl and panel.

Dave S.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration