Tire pump base

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Tire pump base
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 07:35 pm:

Before I get too carried away here, does the cylinder just unscrew from the base on these kinds of pumps?
base
Is it ok to apply some heat if it is being stubborn? Will that discolor the cylinder?
Thanks for your help.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 07:43 pm:

Yes,it unscrews. Clap base in vise and use a leather belt around tube as close to base as you can,and try to unscrew it. A little PB blaster might also help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 07:44 pm:

Short answer: yes. At least the ones that I have done. Both the top and bottom unscrew. You should not need heat on the brass pumps. If you do use heat, heat the cast iron, quence it quickly in water. I have polished the brass tubes between centers on the lathe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:02 pm:

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your help.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration