Is it a K or is it not a K?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Is it a K or is it not a K?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:38 am:

Something about the shape of this car on Shorpy suggest Model K to me, but of course I could be quite wrong!

Full picture is here-

http://www.shorpy.com/node/11964?size=_original

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOB TREVAN on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:55 am:

HI DAN,The car Is not a ''K'' . A ''K'' FORD does not have a raised centre section running through the hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:00 am:

Thanks Bob, I saw that line on the hood, but took it to be reflection or shadow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:47 am:

One K at the Towe Museum in Sacramento:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:52 am:

It is definitely not a Model K Ford. It looks a lot like a 1906 Queen Model K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:30 pm:

Actually , there IS a version of the " K " Ford that has a raised center section of the radiator , and a matching raised center section in the hood .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary, Alberta on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:48 pm:

When I first saw this thread I thought it might have been about Rob Heyen's new secret car!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:18 pm:

Thanks for lightening my pic, Art. Hadn't thought to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOB TREVAN on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 01:34 am:

DOUG ,I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE SUCH A PICTURE OF A ''K' LIKE THIS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOB TREVAN on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 01:39 am:

DOUG, I would like to see a picture of such a ''K'' WITH A RAISED BONNET SECTION.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 05:02 am:

Bob , The Harrah Collection had one fully restored , they called it a 1906 " K " . I don`t know where it is now , but I saw it every time I went to the Collection in the 1970`s ( about twice a year , on average ). I`m sure pictures are available .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOB TREVAN on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 05:40 am:

DOUGH, I have an early ''K'' [picture shown] and is the same as the HARRAH car you are refering to . I can assure you that there was never a ''K'' made with a raised hood section

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 09:26 am:

Bob,

I think the confusion stems from the early "humped" radiator such as yours. Some light/reflection cause photos to look as if the "bonnet" is raised to match the rad.

Happy Holiday,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 06:12 pm:

HELLO ALL !! O.K. , I stand corrected !! I remembered the Harrah`s car as having a raised hood section . I was sure about the radiator . The last time I saw it was about 1982 , or so . Time and memory sometimes play tricks , and I`m certainly not going to continue this mistake as some might . Thank you for correcting the record , as that is what is most important here , not my ego !!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration