Jack Stands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Jack Stands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:35 am:

I am going to build 4 stands to put my T up on. These will be very similar to the set Steve Jeffs posted pictures of a short time back. Can anyone tell me how high the front and back stands need to be so that the front and rear axels hang freely. I need to do some spindle work and may pull the front springs to refinish them. I also need to pull all the spring shackles (front and rear) so I can flip them because I keep knocking the brass oilers off. I am told they might be on upside down. I need a close measurement so I can cut the steel and start fabricating the stands. Thanks....Chip
PS--My T is a 14 Depot Hack There is a picture of it on my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:30 am:

Mine are 27.5". With the cross bar, that makes the frame 29.5" off the floor. The engine and transmission won't allow a cross bar in front, so the stands there will go under the frame. Thirty inches should be plenty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 03:27 pm:

You can also make them adjustable like the pair I had made. It is done by using two sections of pipe, a smaller pipe goes into the larger support. Holes are drilled at about 2 inch intervals into the smaller pipe. Use a pin or long bolt and the stands can go from 27.5 inch to well over 35 inches if you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 05:52 pm:

Thank you both!....Chip

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration