What are you working on?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What are you working on?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:27 am:

How about an update? I`m rebuilding a 1922 "T" engine also restoring a 1969 Citroen 2CV4. Always some Model T work going on here---probably do some painting this winter. Whats on your agenda? Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:47 am:

Paul;
I'm working on a '20 Model T Coupe and a '56 Ford Vicky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:55 am:

Trying to finish this asap:

Here's where we are now:

The chassis is basically done and we're pulling the transmission apart now. After this one, there's a early '20s wood body truck to finish, a '24 roadster and touring, and a '15 project I've wanted to do for a long time. That's just my stuff - we need to finsh dad's '29 Chevy sedan, his jeep, and he wants to get a Model A too.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:03 am:

After I get the rear axle reassembled and back in the '23 touring...

...the next project will be assembling a top for the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:16 am:

I just shipped off a matching pair of HP5A Zeniths that I have been working on for a couple weeks (interesting carbs but a learning curve) along with a Zenith 04; a Stromberg OE-1 to Nevada and another OE-1 to England. Working on an OS-2 to Michigan, an OF to eastern Montana and an R-1 to New York, then have a Ruckstell to finish and ship to California. Then it's get to work on the carburetors I'm taking to display in Hutchinson plus all the writing/photography/printing for the seminar there. In between all this I'm hoping to catch a couple days to finish up the barnyard cruiser engine I started on last summer and maybe get some more work done on it. Also going to help a couple friends rebuild Ruckstells sometime in the next month or two when we can all figure out the same days we can work on them. Life is busy, fun and good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:23 am:

I've redone six sets of top bows to take to Chickasha,rewooding a 24 roadster body ,while making an extra set of wood for another. I have to get 15 touring in and do upholstry on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:25 am:

Trying to get 22 back on the road for the holiday Motoring Excursion. Broke a pinion gear about two years ago and rebuilt the rear end with tapered roller bearings. Drove it 300 miles and it broke again. Bad metal in a n.o.s. Ford gear. $600 later we are almost back on the road.

Bad seams in Rootlieb tank caused us to slosh it last year but dealer sold me old slosh and it turned the gasoline unto cottage cheese in the tank because of our Ralph Nadir gasahol.

Got a new tank and am building a different rear end of the car body to cover the rectangular tank.

Building the Chris Egsgaard hill climb engine and also have a 16 Speedster with a Faultless body in the wings.

Have two Joe Gemsa go-fast engines, an S.R. Fronty engine complete with transmission and a nasty flat head engine with two dual throat side draft Webbers and a steel billet crank. All four engines have oil pressure. If I sell one of them I can finish at least one of the cars before I die.

engines

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:28 am:

Stan

You forgot sleeping and eating, do you have any room to add these. Busy,Busy,Busy. Keep up your great work.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:26 pm:

Helping Lizzy flow better....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157628213067397/

New valves, take up rods, clean ports, ream guides, etc......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:55 pm:

Barn Fresh late 12 with front doors, would like to get it at least roadable for it's hundredth birthday. Maybe just the chassis and a seat for the Speedster Tour in June

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:16 pm:

I'm making some progress on the little Pickup I bought last spring. Here it is as-found:

pkp

The chassis is about finished, as is the body. I "Hucksterized" the top. The wood slats are on it, and it's ready for the fabric coverings.

chassis

body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom J. Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

Twenty some odd years ago, I bought a hot tub at the advice of my wife. Then I built a room around it because my wife noticed Michigan gets cold in the winter. Then, this last fall, the thermostat stuck and raised the water to 180F which caused the tub to delaminate and crack.

After cutting the tub into bite size pieces that will fit through the door, my wife advised me to fill in the hole left by the tub so her mother won't fall into it on Christmas Day. My wife also advised me to find matching ceramic tile so the spot matches the rest of the indoor patio.

Now that this is all done, I will resume work on my wife's '26 Fordor on December 26 since she does not want to be in another rain storm with only side curtains.

So this should answer what I am working on. Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:57 pm:

I notice Steve put grease on that inner bearing, but there is no way to add more grease once he closes the rear end up. I was under the impression that the oil in the pumpkin keep that inner bearing lubricated. Am I right or wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:28 pm:

Rebuilding the engine on my new speedster also helping my brother put together his first model t, a 1915 era speedster. Just finished installing french doors in the house so I can put a T in the dining room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:32 pm:

Working on this one in my spare time. Has a number of issues to resolve including a foot too much horn tubing....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Kennedy on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 03:16 pm:

Clutch adjustments on the 30 Pierce Arrow, oil leak on the 29 Packard's piston lubricator, headlight switch on my son's '15T, valve body on my Mustang's transmission and a rear end change out on the Expedition. I know I am leaving something out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 03:21 pm:

I'm just starting to work on this tire pump...

pump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 03:33 pm:

I need to finish my '24 coupe, then start on my '26 fordor, and somewhere in the middle I need to fix the crankshaft in my 2 cylinder model t engine that my grandpa made back in the 40's. All of these must coincide with "the honeydew" list!!!
Merry Christmas everybody!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:22 pm:

I have a list of little things to do to our T that I postponed until the off season. I finally got a chance to drag the '28 Olds back out and get going on that again. I will be a bachelor for 2 weeks starting on Chirstmas Night, so I should get a pretty good start on everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:36 pm:

More Meter Madness :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska - Denver Colorado on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:59 pm:

I am re-restoring my speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:05 pm:

First, new cellar doors, then assemble a '15 engine for a buddy's Town Car project. After that, work on my own engine(s), go through my HCCT and possibly restore the KRW battery charger/mag recharger that I picked up over a decade ago. Oh yeah, I also go in to Work for a coupla days during plant shutdown to install some new equipment but that's okay because it'll make my job easier. <grin>

Well, I suppose I should head for home...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:28 pm:

Got the speedster chassis on 4 wheels today.Now I can get it setting level and fiqure out how much to lower the rear to level it.

And I have to install the roof vent and some tiedowns inside this trailer I built.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:49 pm:

Steven's front axle tool reamers and taps. :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 06:18 pm:

Well, right now 'Lizzie' is in the car port collecting dust (and cats) while I finish turning a 'trailer queen' 60 Rambler into a daily driver.

Then, they will swap places and 'Lizzie' will go back in the garage so I can tear down the trans and replace the cracked low speed drum.

Then I can drive either one, when ever I want. The next project will be to teach the Mrs. how to drive 'Lizzie' so we can take them both to car shows. She's scared to death of the Rambler because the 300 HP Chevy V8 will put the back tires up in smoke with almost no effort.
URL=http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/olfart100/?action=view&current=Go-100.mp4]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Burgett,Camargo,Illinois on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:01 pm:

Working on front axle of the 24. Indicating the two holes for helicoil threads on axle. My 1943 Bridgeport still holds to under a thousandth.Need to get it on 4 wheels before I get the new engine.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:08 pm:

I usually have multiple things going at one time-
Collecting parts to build a healthy 312(400-450hp is my goal) for my '56 Ford.

Working on one of the Model A's-full resto.

And putting together a Model T for a friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W. Oder on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:49 pm:

Got these '23 Lancia brakes for the "T" racer. Tall and skinny and finned like the ones I was going to make and now don't have to. :-)

14 9/16" inside. Will go nicely with the 30 X 3 1/2 Rudge Whitworths John McLaren is building for me.

J.O.brakesAbrakesB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:52 pm:

Pretty much done. However I did order a reasonably priced turn signal switch from Lang's. Got tired of the toggle switch I was using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:55 pm:

My 26 T Pick-up Project

Right now it's just pieces and parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:59 pm:

Back to working on the 25 Indiana Truck clutch problem that caused me to pin the table saw to the wall early this year bending the legs on the saw and my fender and head lights back into the radiator on my truck. I fixed the dents easy enough but the worn parts inside the clutch were more work to get at. I now have the parts replaced and need to fix some oil leaks in the transmission before it goes back on and all the other parts get bolted back on. I am not painting another car for anyone else now so the 64 Impalla I did this summer is the last favor I will do for a while. Hope to get the truck out this summer, yeah right!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Philpott on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:34 pm:

I'm new to the stockier and the "T" world. But then we all get older. I bought this 1917 milk truck and was happy but then I say this little toy Colt panel truck, so I'm going to go for a Winchester Arms panel to go along with my gun collecting.

Colt toy panel1917 milk truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:34 pm:

Mike

Welcome aboard, Nice looking milk truck,Like the Colt model also.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 11:53 pm:

For the past several months, the T has been put on hold as I've been fulfilling a lifelong dream - getting my musical compositions published. Wehr Music is publishing my trombone sonata and Broadbent and Dunn will be publishing my flute sonata mid-2012. http://www.wehrs-music-house.com/newissues.htm#New Issues
http://www.broadbent-dunn.com/ I'm not up on Broadbent's site yet, but you can hear the flute sonata at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOZvzdk-YBg

My goal now that things are to the publishers is to tear apart the differential this winter, fix the leak in the starter, try to remedy for the upteenth time the leak in the manifold and find out why oil is leaking out the bulb in the torque tube. Phew!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:42 am:

Good music, well played. I don't know whether I liked the adagio or the theme & variations best. But why does the flutist have to turn her own pages?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Goldberg A. - Tenerife, Spain on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 02:24 am:

After the mess on the september tour I decided it is time for a good revamp, so:

I ovh the starter, with no-leak kit, and the starter switch.
I finally decide to throw away the homemade distributor and go back to basics, but as the magneto is useless I have restored the coilbox and the timer that came along with the car and now is in the process of putting a Truefire system on it.

Changing the hub brake cams with its bushings, to see if they will hold the car.

And last but not least:

Sorry for the quality of the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 09:37 am:

I am having a TON of fun working on my 1910 T. I am redoing the firewall and cleaning up the rest, including the variety of lights and parts from the brass era. The target for the finished project will be a collective failure to meet any judging standards thus capturing some of the flavor of the "back in the day" projects that were prevelant in the late '50's / early '60's when I was a kid. The next owner can restore it back to original and let it sit in the garage, being too nice and valuable to drive!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 10:30 am:

Jeff
Like your cow bell and wheel chock ( will it hold ??) Grin I like your idea on restoration
also.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 11:46 am:

The '27 Runabout is in for a rear axle assembly rebuild and a "once over" and the '26 Tudor is in for a condition inspection & service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:49 pm:

I just finished my 1947 Cushman 53A last night. I might pick away at my 1969 Barris T Buggy this winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 04:39 pm:

Finishing complete build on 1910 T engine, working on complete build 1915 T engine, 1935 Buick 90 series complete engine build, 1915 Saxon racer engine bearings and con rod fabrication, and a couple other T&A bearing jobs. Also doing a reawakening/preservation job on a barn fresh TT phone company truck and building an engine for my dad's 27 pickup with stroker crank and other goodies. Those are just the interesting projects. I may have to quit my day job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 05:33 pm:

Finished rebuilding trans today,still got to set spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 05:52 pm:

I HAD been driving da COOP every day as there is still no salt on the roads but that came to an end when the Grinch took up residence in my transmission too Randall.
"There arose such a clatter" sums it up pretty well.
I'm pretty sure the triple gears are shot but it'll have to wait until my right hand mechanic can get it in his shop.
It would be needing new band linings anyway but I HAD visions of driving it to church tomorrow...... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Rapinz--Garrettsville, Ohio on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 06:10 pm:

I'm in the middle of a 1915 that is sitting in pieces with the frame and engine painted and ready for the next step. Since it's a new (to me) project, everywhere I looked I find safety related issues that need to be resolved. Now is the time while everything is in pieces. Lots of work ahead! Since it's pretty cold and miserable right now and with no heat in the shop, the project is in limbo. Also working on an 1896 Quadricycle. Starting with the motor which I'll (hopefully) machine myself. Except the flywheel which has too large a diameter to swing in my lathe.... But having a ball!!!
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 08:37 pm:

Yea,Craig, engine all ready to assemble now when I get time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 09:51 pm:

Well I'm a newbee and have been looking for parts to rebuild the rear end in my newly aquired 1920 runabout (first one). Been reading all the posts on here and I have learned more about Model T's than I thought I would ever know. allready looking for parts to build a speedester and tring not to let my Franklin gather too much dust.Thanks to all the great info this foum provides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 09:57 pm:

Here is my part of Bob and Ron's meter project. Gotta have a brand new perfect scale for those meters. Ok so it took till 2 AM last night and most of today - you gotta make it PERFECT. I did this for the Jewell meter which got me volunteered to do one for the Weston. Somebody thinks I am dressed in Red since I have the grey hair and too often have been known to go HO HO HO.

HCCT METER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 10:20 pm:

I'm working on procuring a Tudor! The Roadster and Touring are simply being "maintained" so no real work there.

T Time at Aldrich Acres

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 10:34 pm:

New T house hopefully before the August moon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 11:13 pm:

Wes , your education is showing ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 01:29 am:

So John,

I'll have the scales by Christmas ... Right??

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:11 am:

Thought that just working on one 13 would be enough , but one has evolved to three and now l'm stuck working on 2 x 13's at the same time !!!that's just not fair...come on new parts..where are you ???

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:29 am:

I'm working on finishing my 22 Touring by the end of winter. So I can get it registered next spring.
At the moment though I'm working on this

to mount to the back of that

using these for hinges.

Then all I've got to do is wire up the tail lights, paint those fenders, upholster the seats, buy YOM plates, assemble the top bows and then get a top, I'm almost there! Well kind'a. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:34 am:

Bob:

The meter faces are done - I finished them last night. Just stop by and pick them up. If you leave your house by this afternoon you could be here by Tuesday. Make that Saturday if you are coming by T and you don't run into any snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 02:14 pm:

Testing out the E Timer that I got for Christmas.

Wow.. WoW and.... WOW!!!!.... I can't believe how much a difference some little computer timing thing can make!!!

If you haven't checked out the E Timer you really need too.

One of the Great Things is that it still looks original!

Merry Christmas All and To Mike Kossor, THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred McDonald on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:07 pm:

My latest project is just getting started as you can see from picture of the frame. Had most of the parts to build a TT but decided we had rather build a TT Firetruck. Have TT chassis, Ruxtell, Good motor and 75% of everything else. Just need a few things like hood and one truck rim for rear. Wheels are being respoked at Stutzman's right now. Expect this will take most of next year at the speed I work. Thanks to all who are sharing their pictures of their projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:36 am:

Now that Christmas is past, I can soon begin working on the '13 T again (alas, it is only a speedster, but at least it is mostly 1913). I hope to be able to drive it this coming spring. In the meantime, I also have some minor things to do to the coupe and a better set of brakes to put on the Boat-tail.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:57 pm:

I decided to finally put the new wiring kit in our T since it is put away for the winter. And since I am doing the wiring I decided to replace the ignition switch assy with a real not made like junk item that actually works all of the time. And I am adding turn signals since I have the wiring apart. Kind of like a quick fix to the engine and you end up with a rebuild. I'm just glad that I got in the mood to "Git 'r done". I bought the parts in 2006.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman Hays, KS on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 11:00 pm:

Today I got the pan panted. Now some of you guys like me are a bit on the side of "just what it takes" is good enough but I have a friend who owns a body shop and I haven't seen him for the better part of a year, so I brought the pan with me and he let me paint it in his booth today.
What I thought you guys might like is how I panted it, so here goes:

1: The pan was sand blasted last April, the next weekend when I was in Colorado visiting family stopped by Dave Huson's and got it to fit good on his pan jig. The pan looks to have been on an engine that thru a rod???? Used the heat wrench to fix it a bit, it now looks good enough for this little speedster.

2: Wait 8 months and you have to knock off the oxidation to get the primer to stick, so some time with a wire wheel and a 3M pad, then some self etching primer before paint. This is the first time I used a new paint gun it's the type with the cup on top, HVLP is what I believe they are called. What I noted right off is that it is lighter than I thought it would be. And Carl(my friend) pointed out when you run out of paint in the cup your out and it doesn't spit. I also let my chep'ness creep in, and because he had no single stage gloss black I went with some urethane semi gloss Black, the stuff now poplar with the hot rod crowd, looks a bit like black primer when dry. I figure it will be fine as the paints of the times probably didn't stay on very long and was more like stove paint, which is a bit like flat black.

3: It'd now like to point out the "rack" the pan is on, Carl uses it mostly for painting doors and those new fanged plastic bumpers, all kinds of arms to adjust and hold things. Worked really well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:01 am:

My 14 is sitting collecting dust as I try to figure out how to get around the loose wheel issue. Is there anyone in calif that can re-shrink a rim on a wood fellow wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Wotherspoon - Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:14 am:

Work on my 1915 has slowed since a new project has made its way into the garage. It's a 1965 Morris Mini Deluxe. Since getting it I've had the body bead blasted, which uncovered a multitude of sins, but it has given me a good grounding to start with. Like with Model T's, you can never have just one, I bought another one to use as a donor car.

Just bought
Just Blasted
Donor Car

Cheers,
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack McRoberts - West Australia on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:20 pm:

Mine's only a small job but important, nonetheless.

Made up new brake rods -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:46 pm:

Upholstery work for the Autowa.

Seat cushions have wood frame, fitted the burlap wrapped cotton stuffed sewn upholstery ...tacked the upholstery to the wood frame...using some all thread rods and a 2x4..which compressed the seat springs for install.

Finished wrapped seat cushion with added welting and big head tacks for trim on the underside edges.

In place in the backseat, the pattern of this upholstery was known as "Cathedral Pipe", having rounded edges for inner knee support and comfort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 03:23 am:

Finished this matched set of Zenith HP5A's and sent them off to Florida just before Christmas.

These are supposedly pretty close to the holy grail for speedsters. They do run pretty well, very simple carb. These have new venturis, needles and seats etc., and ran pretty well on my test engine. Zoom Zoom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 03:55 am:

I pulled the head off of my perfectly good running Montana 500 car to sharpen up the valves. I'm also going to relocate the radiator filler neck.

n

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:20 am:

Uncle Stan : What are those Zenith HP-5A`s going on , a Hot Rajo BB , or a Fronty SR ?? Or maybe two Fronty single ports ?? Inquiring minds like to know ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:43 am:

Tom, where are you going to put the rad filler neck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John James on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 08:15 am:

Hello guys, I am not really new to the forum but haven't posted until now.

I finally received the title I was waiting on to build the hot rod I have always wanted which will be a 1923 TT completely custom built by myself. I will be able to do all the woodworking in the woodshop I work in and a buddy is going to help build everything in the garage.

I just finished up the second of two guitars I have built in the past three months and have two I am building at the same time right now with two more planned after that.

I want to build my truck in five months or less from the ground up so will be overly working on that starting the end of next month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 08:48 am:

Adjusting my toe-in. Is this too much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:41 am:

Doug, I don't know what those are going on. I know they were supposed to be as close a match as possible so he must be going to mount both of them on the same engine. There is a lot of speedster stuff around bigger than T's so they may be going on something like that. I'm currently working on a matched set of four Stromberg M-4's to go on a 1920's V-12 racing engine that is going in a replica of a 20's wooden racing boat. They are huge carbs, must weigh 12-15 lbs each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:28 pm:

Stan,

Would that be a Liberty V-12 engine from WWI surplus?

They were fire breathers and the one in J.G.Parry-Thomas's "Babs" held the world land speed record in the '20s. Till she crashed on the beach in Wales and killed Thomas.

:-(

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:40 pm:

I don't know the answer, I'm just doing the carbs that showed up in the mail.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration