OT - Simplex Servi Cycle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT - Simplex Servi Cycle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:05 pm:

Not quite model T, but I figured some of you may also tinker with motor bikes too. I'm looking for an affordable Simplex motor bike. Condition not too important. I had one as a kid & would like to have another one. they were made from the 30's thru 1960.
thanks,
Mike Saltsgaver
Geff, Illinois

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:20 am:

I see em pretty regular on e bay, believe theres atleast one on now. They look like a fun little machine good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 09:48 pm:

Try the Vintage Motorbike Club of America. They're a pretty big club and they cover all the bikes like Servi-Cycle, Motoscoot, Salisbury etc.

Did you know that Servi-Cycles were sold by Harley Davidson dealers before they introduced the Harley Hummer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 09:21 am:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check the club out. I'm trying to get back to american "vintage" travel. Right now the oldes bike I have is a '74 suzuki 185 street bike. I used to have a harley hummer, but when I moved 25 years ago, I sold it for $150....what an idiot....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:51 am:

Mike: We have a ServiCar Harley Davidson in our chapter...... restored , & is included in our travels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 03:36 am:

I have a 47 servi-cycle sitting on the pallet rack along with a 39 BSA out of site out of mind

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:33 pm:

Ahhh....more of you guys who hoard things, eh?

A fellow who had a large collection of servi cycles & parts in Florida passed away a few months ago & I'm corresponding with the family on the possible purchase of one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration