Hercules Body Tag

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Hercules Body Tag
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:29 pm:

Does anyone have one of these they'd let loose of?

tag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:23 pm:

Mike, A friend of mine has used Pulfer & Williams Data Tags. He said they were a first rate operation that has been in business for quite some time. He said they have a research department and could possibly custom make what you need. Their online catalogue is very impressive.

.http://www.pulferandwilliams.com/products.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw Richmond Va. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:08 pm:

I believe this to be the forerunner of the Hercules Steel Products Company of Galion Ohio. Hercules bought the assets of the Detwiler Co.
an early manufacturer of dump bodies for the Model T. I may have some early parts list for these bodies. My company was a distributor for these products starting in the late 40's.
Lee Crenshaw
Richmond, Va

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william schaller on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:11 pm:

Here is info and a few catalogs for the company.

http://www.herculesengines.com/hercules/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 08:53 pm:

Here is a link to a couple of the Hercules body catalogs.

http://www.herculesengines.com/hercules/Hercules%20Bodies/index.html

The catalog on the left has a drawing of the body on my truck.

herc

I'm thinking that the tag I posted above would be about right for the body I have, but it might not be the exact one for it. I think the Evansville, Ind. part is correct. Anybody have something similar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw Richmond Va. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 08:59 pm:

I believe this to be the forerunner of the Hercules Steel Products Company of Galion Ohio. Hercules bought the assets of the Detwiler Co.
an early manufacturer of dump bodies for the Model T. I may have some early parts list for these bodies. My company was a distributor for these products starting in the late 40's.
Lee Crenshaw
Richmond, Va

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By les schubert on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:15 pm:

Mike
You can make one yourself as you have a photograph. OK is not too easy but it can be done. From the photograph with a suitable "cad" program you make a true black and white drawing with the black parts being what is raised on the tag. Once that is done you print it in reverse on to a plastic sheet in a laser printer. Tape that to the brass sheet and iron it down. The heat of the iron will transfer the laser ink to the brass sheet. You can buy the etching solution from a electronic supplier that deals in stuff for making your own printed circuit boards. If I can do it, you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 08:37 pm:

Hercules made truck beds and tool boxes up until the mid sixties at the plant in Evansville,i grew up about ten blocks from the factory which is still there.
Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration