Paper mache flubber car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Paper mache flubber car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:35 pm:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567271

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:14 pm:

One of thr cars used in the movie was supplied by Ben Snyder of Riverside. His car was cut in half and made narrow for some reason. Ben repurchased the car after filming the movie. I don't know what happined to it after Ben's death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:16 pm:

I hope he gets it to fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:36 pm:

You know,that would have to be a cool thing to have in the house.
Must be a purty big house though to have all that in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 07:43 pm:

This is without a doubt the crazyest T story I've ever seen.(including the tire burning video from afew weeks back). Especially since the house seems small. What's it going to be, 2 feet off the floor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 08:13 pm:

Tom
Thanks for sharing.
I really enjoyed those early 60's Disney movies.
My Dad would take us kids to a drive-in in the San Fernando Valley on a Friday night.
What a treat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:10 pm:

You can't imagine how many times I've been asked if my 16 runs on Flubber! Very cool movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick .... Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 08:15 am:

Don Jennings told me his story about the movie car:

The studio was arranging to buy Don's 1915 touring car... a green painted car he restored and often rented out for commercials. Before signing the sale papers Don found out they were going to cut the car up and "fly" it. Instead of allowing his car to be destroyed he told them about Ben's non-restored car. They ended up buying and cutting up that incomplete car.

Later they changed the script and needed a car for driving scenes. They ended up renting Don's car. Don often drove his cars for filming but in "The Absent Minded Professor" Fred McMurray actually drove "Gloria" (Don's car). Don taught Fred McMurray to drive the model T for the film.

Don is gone now, but the car is still around and in good condition. It is owned by my friend Bill, Don's son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 07:43 pm:

I wonder if the 15 touring that Fred Upshaw had, that he claimed was (one of) the Flubber car(s), really was?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 09:35 pm:

Ben's 1915 was sectioned and welded back together. It was made narrower so that it could be bounced on the top of a modern car. Ben had it on display and I saw it when visiting him years ago. The studio used a crane for the flying scenes.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration