OT: Remember that UFO a member saw in Kansas ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT: Remember that UFO a member saw in Kansas ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 01:44 am:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12/ufo-drone-x47b/all/

George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:17 am:

LOL, you know the military can be so ridiculous about their toys, and yet so careless about showing them and usually unintentionally at that, then act surprised that the cat's out of the bag so to speak.

One day (in the late 80's) when I was working for Marquardt, me and the photographer Karl went to Edwards AFB to take some shots of one of our products mounted on wing and center pylons on a number of different aircraft. This was to show the range on which these devices could be used.

Anyhoo, whilst we were on our way out to that particular hanger, we passed by a separate runway and hanger where the real new toys are to keep prying eyes away. And what did we see sitting in plain sight on the tarmac over there? The bloody Aurora that's what, this was at a time when the Air Force was denying that it even existed. When I commented "hey isn't that the Aurora over there? (you cant mistake that thing, it's really different looking and it sounds weird when too when it flies)" and Karl also looked around and said he thought it was to, our guide responded with "oh shit!" "Please look this way sirs, there is nothing over there at all, please sirs look this way, over here sirs" and so on. I guess he made a phone call or something because when we left about an hour later it was gone and the hanger was closed, lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 09:55 am:

There is some embarrassing lapses of judgement concering security lately, next thing you know we will probably lose control of a secret drone and let it fall unscathed into into enemy hands. Oh wait, never mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Bunker on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 10:47 am:

I wonder if that's because they took all the REAL security brainpower types and sent them to the airports? Heaven help you if you have a folded-up 20 dollar bill in your shirt pocket.
Merry Christmas, everyone
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:27 am:

I peeked under the cover and thats not what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 12:07 pm:

Oh I reckon the same guys that helped build the pyrimids have been helping our military out.
I cant get the page to load.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 12:11 pm:

It would have been a piece of cake to mount it on the 747 Space Shuttle hauler.```````````````````````````````

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 11:01 am:

RDR; That's probably in the scrap heap by now.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration