FAMILY PICTURE WITH 1914 MODEL T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: FAMILY PICTURE WITH 1914 MODEL T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred McDonald on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 02:51 pm:

Just thought on Christmas day I would post an old picture for all our Model T fans. This is a picture of my Grandfather & Grandmother taken in 1917. The Model T was their first car purchased new in 1914. The baby in the picture is my Mother who is 94 now and after we found another 1914 Model T in 2005, she got to ride in in with me. Grandpa left the old Ford in the barn for us kids to play on and I remember wanting to bring it back to life then. After it was sold in 1957, I always wanted a Model T - so after 50 years we got to realize that dream. Thanks to all our Model T buddies who make this hobby so much fun. And may everyone have a blessed Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:06 pm:

It's actually a 1913 Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred McDonald on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:10 pm:

Thanks Eric - My uncle said it was a 1913 but every else said it was a 1914. What did you see that helps identify the year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 03:15 pm:

The rectangular doors extend all the way down to the sill.

In 1914, the doors had rounded corners and did not extend to the sill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 04:29 pm:

Also, the brass windshield hinge covers really jump out at you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 04:41 pm:

A little thread drift: a few months ago I picked up an unrestored 1913 Vanguard windshield with original paint. The brass cups are painted:

vanguard

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration