Short Trip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Short Trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 10:47 pm:

A group of us have breakfast together in Berthoud every sundy, but all the cafes were closed this morning so a couple of us decided to go to Johnson's Corner which is about a 40 mile round trip from were I live. It was 25 degrees this morning so I thought about taking my coupe but decided to take my 16 touring instead. I stayed pretty warm all the way except my hands. The roads were mostly good and dry. After breakfast on the way back Bill Heidenreich took a picture of my touring on top of a railroad overpass. The mountains didn't come out too well but here goes.

Johnson's Corner trip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:17 pm:

I dunno...the mountains look pretty good to me. (The car, too.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:18 pm:

Dave - Looks like a fun trip. I also got my 14 roadster out for about 25 miles. It was 51 degrees in Lincoln today.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:38 am:

Joseph:

I hope to be heading up to the mountains at least above Estes Park later in the week. Its been cold here for this area. I don't know where all this global warming is at. Some truck drivers at Johnson's corner asked me if my heater was working. I told them no and I forgot to role up the windows when I left home. Boy did they all get a big laugh over that. I don't think you will be able to see it very well but I had a lap robe over my knees. I am holding it up in the picture. I don't know what kind of hide it is but it sure is warm with long hair and a real nice lining.
Lap Robe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:51 am:

Dave, My Mom had a blanket made from the hide of her favorite childhood horse (she was 16 years old in 1916). I used it to keep not only me warm in cold Wisconsin weather, but one time I used it to thaw the radiator. The stem that was generated by a hot engine caused the hide to shrink in the middle. End of horse blanket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:44 am:

I took my wife and two boys out for a local drive on Christmas eve to check out the Christmas lights on all the houses. It was a beautiful Summer evening. To bad I was in the Sedan, I would rather have been in a car with the top down. Santa didn't come good with my 1913 Touring so I'll have to wait till necxt year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:44 am:

When it gits cold out here in californy (low 20's-high teens), I leave the top floor board out and it sure helps after the first 2 or 3 miles.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:34 pm:

Drove the touring into Berthoud for breakfast with the gang this morning (24 degrees) We ate at Grand Pa's Cafe. The owner gave each of us a bottle of Champagne. I am saving mine for New Years Eve.

Champagne

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration