OT, shop made work lamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT, shop made work lamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:38 pm:

I had seen this idea in a catalogue and liked it, but not the price. I figured I could make one, so I did.

Parts include:

model A piston
microphone stand
model T windshield wingnut
Ford hubcap circa 1950?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/6570157373/in/set-72157625573839736/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/6570159997/in/set-72157625573839736/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/6570130357/in/set-72157625573839736/

Any of these parts look familiar Tom Carnegie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:51 am:

Eric Bruckner;

Thats Neat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 05:57 am:

That's very clever Erich.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:35 am:

Way neet.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 11:28 am:

Thanks all.

It was one of those ideas you get from someplace, file away in your mind, collect parts over time, then, one day, it actually goes beyond the pile of parts stage.

Sound familiar?

Very little engineering needed and a fun end result.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 11:30 am:

I also wager there are more than a few of you who have most of the needed pieces in your "pile-o-parts" even now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:56 pm:

In your list of parts, you neglected to include (1) Totally Disinterested Cat. Of course, that's a redundant term.

Neat lamp, though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:58 pm:

That cat would only be interested in it if I turned the hubcap over and filled it with food. Any food would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 05:02 pm:

Or if it provided a warm spot for napping! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 05:06 pm:

That's not a shop light...it's a cat warmer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:22 pm:

Yah , I`ve got three free-loaders like that ... And WE think WE`RE smart ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:56 am:

Erich, VERY COOL! Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration