Two steps forward, one step back

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Two steps forward, one step back
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:44 pm:

Everything was fitting together very nicely until it came time to install the radius rods.

It never dawned on me until that moment that 26-27 rods would be an inch shorter. Missing something that obvious will cost me another trip the the salvage yard for the right part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:49 pm:

Is the driveshaft front bushing hole drilled? It doesn't appear so in your picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 11:57 pm:

Yep. That's the drive shaft you see in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:48 am:

Steve, when you posted the photos of the radius rods, I questioned whether you had a 26 rear end in your 23 touring, as they were 26 radius rods. Unfortunately, my post got lost in the ether and I didn't have time to do it all again. Sorry, I should have persisted. It may have saved you some bother.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 09:37 am:

Why are late model rods shorter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:10 am:

Mike,The larger brake backing plates require shprter rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:12 am:

shprter= shorter,sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber Spanaway, Wa. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:13 pm:

You're doing better than me.
I take one step forward and two back!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration