So... What did you guys get for Christmas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: So... What did you guys get for Christmas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:45 pm:

Every year, I watch Gene Shepherd's "A Christmas Story" and though this adorable movie teaches little about the true meaning of Christmas, at the same time, there ain't nothing wrong with a little gift-giving, as inspired by the wise men in Bethlehem (though I did remind my family, if you're going to give anybody frankincense and myrrh, please also include a gift receipt). This year, my wife and daughter were real good to me, so a public "Thank you" is in order. This is what they got me...

and

Neat, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:50 pm:

I'm going on my first T tour in July!!!Cant wait!!!....Chip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

A telephone extention with intercom so wife can let me know the phone is for me when I'm out in the garage. She has gotten tired of having to come find me. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:13 pm:

Snowmobile Wheel-Ski Spindle casted in alum for
patteren making, now at mechinest, then to pattern maker. Its coming together. Financing for project provided my family. Merry Christmas for Me.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 01:39 pm:

After installing and testing out the E Timer that I got for Christmas all I can say is:

Wow.. WoW and.... WOW!!!!.... I can't believe how much a difference some little computer timing thing can make!!!

If you haven't checked out the E Timer you really need too. I guarantee you won't be dissappointed in how much better your car will run.

One of the really nice things is that it still looks original and I can switch back in a matter of seconds! Can't imagine why I would ever want to though.

Thank You Santa and Mike Kossor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:07 pm:

My wife and parents got me the interior for my '24 coupe!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:07 pm:

Nothing Model T related so I sent a message to Stan for a carb. IF Santa forgot it, I will just take care of it myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:29 pm:

A week ago I was putting on a half dozen sweaters so I could drive my '13 runabout to Cars and Croissants, a local bi-weekly gathering of mostly high-end modern stuff. (One family showed up with FOUR Ferraris, but they always get a kick out of my brass toys.) The temperature was 22, and I was expecting to freeze my cojones off. My wife rolled over in bed and said: "Go in my office. There's a big box. You can have it early." It was a snowmobile suit! All of a sudden, driving brass cars with no weather protection is a four-season sport! The drive was practically toasty! Whoopee!

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:34 pm:

Tools from my kids, Ford books from my ex-wife, a $100 Tee-Bird products gift certificate from lady friend #1, 15 lbs of King crab legs from lady friend #2, a bottle of Early Times 354 Bourbon from one of my mud bog friends, etc. No Model T under the tree this year, but I plan to fix that by this summer.

All in all I'm very happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 02:39 pm:

After buying five transmissions and getting 15 broken drums, I got three new transmission drums complete with gearing and Mary got a very neat complete outfit that I picked out for her in secret and wrapped it myself. Surprize, it fit and she loved it. I hope the drums fit as good as her outfit does, but after 55 years I know her size to a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:30 pm:

I hinted real strong for a 25 coupe I've had my eye on but my family didn't take the bait. Got a new vacuum cleaner instead. :-( I did get a copy of Murray Fahnestock's book, The Model T Ford Owner, so that was some consolation. Merry Christmas, all. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:32 pm:

I hinted real strong for a 25 coupe I've had my eye on but my family didn't take the bait. Got a new vacuum cleaner instead. :-( I did get a copy of Murray Fahnestock's book, The Model T Ford Owner, so that was some consolation. Merry Christmas, all. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:32 pm:

Newly restored Brown Model 16 head lamps for the F.C.'s rig - NICE !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:39 pm:

I didn't get nothin' ... I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage in the snow ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Kennedy on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:47 pm:

I got my son a pair of these headlight lenses. I don't know if they are vintage, repops, or even authentic, but they are much better then what was on there (straight glass) and most important: he grooves on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 04:00 pm:

Bobbie;
Sounds like you were a bad little boy. Shame shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 04:22 pm:

Same crummy cookies my wife's daughter gives me every year. Don't have the heart to tell her I feed them to the dogs. And I like cookies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 05:32 pm:

It sounds like you don't like dogs. :-) (just kidding of course) Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 05:36 pm:

a small box of goodies from Chaffins, now waiting for the bigger box, come on Santa, where are you.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:13 pm:

My new favoutite merchandise store is on the MTFCA website. I directed my wife to there and said if anyone is struggling for a gift, buy from there! While I was cleaning the workshop yesterday I was wearing my new Centennial T cap and had my new"My favourite colour is rust" shirt on and I was had the Centennial tour DVD going on the TV in the background. Life is good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:47 pm:

Bob C.
Wasn't that at Thanksgiving? After officer Opie realized it was just another case of blind justice? : )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:48 pm:

Should be Bob Cascisa..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:48 pm:

Bob,
You better be careful or you'll find yourself sitting on the "Group W" bench. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:53 pm:

My kids got me a set of Craftsman ratcheting box end wrenches. They'll come in handy for many Model T projects including band adjusting.

My wife went selected a gift from the non-T category, but I won't turn my nose up at the Polaris Sportsman 700 with plow. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Simon Bayley on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:45 pm:

Hi

Santa brought me a helpful tool this year for our model t's.... makes a hard job easier.

Cheers Simon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:53 pm:

Hey , watch it !! I DID sit on the " Group W " bench .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 08:02 pm:

Eric,
I hate to mention this, but those of us who know that the "Group W" bench is are showing our age!!
Hmm, wonder if you can get T parts at Alice's?
:-)
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 08:06 pm:

" ... you can get anythin` you want at Alice`s restaurant , `cepting Alice ..."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 08:16 pm:

I must have been good this year...Got a whole box of goodies from Lang's!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 09:14 pm:

Sigh, wanted $$ so I could spend at Lang's, but got shirt, sweater, dressing gown . . oh well, I'll just have to spend my own $$.. Happy New Year everyone!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 09:35 pm:

Wife got me lightweight fiberglass fenders for my drag car. Have wanted them since 1994 when I first got the thing, but for some reason never picked them up. I got her a Flowmaster exhaust for her Mustang (the more quiet version). She had hinted during the summer that it would be nice to have the 2 shiny tips sticking out under the bumper and a little bit more sound. Never thought my pretty girl would want car parts for Christmas...

Didn't get anything for the T which surprised me. Dad and I have been working on it nearly every free minute since it got here.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:13 pm:

I was wondering how many fans of the "four part harmony and other phenomenon" there were out there. :-)

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year and a belated Happy Thanksgiving.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:38 pm:

Ah yes!, Group W!!!!!!!....Chip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:52 am:

I got my Christmas present in July. It allowed me to go from:

this in April:

to this in August:

My wife is the greatest...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:54 am:

I remember the "Group W Bench" very well! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Mullis on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:08 am:

I got a new TV

Yours may be bigger but my 10 inch-er works just fine.

300 cable TV channels with absolutely nothing on. I remember 13 channels(VHF) Actually we only received 3 channels and 1 of them was snowy but the programs were much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:20 pm:

My wife and I still sit on the 'Group W' for our tea break when gardening. I have the original album - Arlo Guthrie's debut album in '67 where the song is the whole of 1 side.

The film followed in 1969. When I saw the Cadillac 'pickup' Ray was riding in, I was bouncing up and down 'I want one!'. We don't have the concept of flower cars here, I didn't realise it was a funeral vehicle, I just loved the idea of a1950s Caddy pickup. I still love the idea, I nearly bought one 2 years ago.

Back on topic, I didn't get anything T related for Christmas. Ho Hum, rather than Ho Ho Ho.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bartlett on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:44 pm:

What made my Christmas was not what I received,but rather what Don Larsons wife got him.....a one way plane ticket out of Florida for a week.Now all of Florida is happy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W. Oder on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:17 pm:

Neal Jern sent me two 65 lbs packages in exchange for my thin little envelope. :-)

Neal makes very nice stuff.

J.O.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john b joyce on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:32 pm:

One present from my wife was to sort and file copies I've made from this site, She doesn't know it's 8 inches high and 10 years worth. Surprise! John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 02:18 pm:

Simon (or anyone) what is that tool used for? Thanks, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 03:27 pm:

Paul Kennedy

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/233178.html

From a 1920 ad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 03:56 pm:

Hi Robert

The tool has "KRW Ford Magneto Gap Gage Made in USA" cast along the top rib.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:04 pm:

John W. Oder....

I have to ask when someone sends 65 lb packages for a small envelope...Were the contents legal?
Besides I thought the unit of measurement was grams or kilos not pounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W. Oder on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

:-) Just iron and steel and aluminum Dennis!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:55 pm:

1911 Holley carburetor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:38 pm:

Robert Poane
Here is a link to the ford Service Bulletin pertaining to the use of the KRW Magneto Gap Gauge.
KRW Gap Gauge
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:10 pm:

Michael K Mullis,
So what are the particulars? Make? Year? What channels are on the dial? My mother still has a couple that were in my dad's collection, including one from about 1946 that has channel one on the dial. It is partially apart and needs minor restoration and repair. I grew up in a TV repair shop in the '50s, so I get a little nostalgic for early examples.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:44 pm:

Art and Rob,

Ohh, that's what that is. I remember seeing the picture but never realized what it was. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:53 pm:

Wayne
How about a 1939 table model ,I believe it has the magnifying glass also.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:17 pm:

Richard : I was watching that carb , So you EMAILED the vender for a buy-it-now , huh ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES STARKEY on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:27 pm:

My wife got me one of those old style wood machinists tool boxes. Pretty darn close to the type my Dad had. All my taps, dies, reamers and measuring tools look real happy resting on those green felt drawers. Wont have much use anymore for that mirror inside the lid (not enough to comb) Cheers! Jimmy

Oak tool box -Harbor Freight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:49 pm:

Doug,
Yes, I wanted to know a few particulars about the carb, eg were the internals present etc. I also asked her if she would consider placing a buy it now on the carb.
She agreed to do so at a price I was willing to pay so I purchased the carb. Its the only 1911 Holley I've ever seen and will be a welcome addition to my Dec 11 MIL roadster. I have two 1912 Holleys and neither of them run worth a hoot. I hope this model works better, although I am not thrilled about a carb with an air valve. Typically the spring has either lost compression or missing altogether.
From the photos the carb looks like its not seen heavy use. Ie adjusting fork holes not enlarged, etc.
I wonder where she found the items she is selling, the old spark plugs and two carburetors. She is not a model T widow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 09:04 am:

My clan decided apparently that riding on old 'checked' side wall Riversides and having a spare with a sidewall bubble was not the best wisdom for a guy like me and somehow they were able to sneak the 'candy cane donuts' in the house without me catching a peek! :-) They also decided that the wheels could use new nickle plated caps and I must say, I AM impressed with these newer ones...beefy and solid...not 'tinny' like in the past.

On another note...yesterday a box showed up from a 'lifetime past and long forgotten' and in it was a photo journal of before and after pictures of my first 'barn find' to reality restoration I did in 1979-1980 :-):-) I must have been crazy to tackle that one but hey, I was young. Interestingly, that one is now apart again for a new resto' and motivation priority has been slow and I'll print the pictures and hang them about...lol...the total work now is maybe but 30% of what it was then...and I had forgotten just how shabby that original 'find' was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 10:55 am:

Richard-
I am dooling all over the keyboard...

Keith

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash - South Hill, Virginia on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:27 pm:

A note from Santa It said "better luck next year"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:46 pm:

A practical attachment for my work table, to reduce the number of extension cords strung across the room and underfoot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Mullis on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:53 pm:

Wayne,
It's an RCA model 8-TK-29
10" CRT
VHF(only)channels 2 thru 13
with AM and FM radio

Like you I really dig the early TVs. I have owned several but now Im down to two, a 1946 RCA model 630-ts(the Model T of TVs)It has channels 1 thru 13. My other TV is the above pictured 1948 8-TK-29.

I do not know if I'll restore it electronically or not. I've done a couple in the past. I used to restore antique radios before I met Lizzie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:05 pm:

"I remember 13 channels(VHF) Actually we only received 3 channels and 1 of them was snowy but the programs were much better"

How about when they SHUT DOWN for the night...or just ran a "test pattern" until "Howdy Doody" came on :D

My Dad remembers it being a big deal when someone in the neighborhood got a TV..."Did you hear? the Maxwell's down the block bought on of those new Television sets" ...and all the neighborhood kids and parents would all stop in the check it out. Ah, the good old days :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:17 pm:

Our first TV (1952), a 21" Silvertone, had a plug stuck into a socket on the back of the chassis labeled "COLOR". I guess you were supposed to believe that one day you could buy an attachment that would convert your TV into a color set. I never looked, but I suspect there weren't even any wires attached to that socket.

Here's some early TV trivia for you L.A. guys. Fill in the blanks: KNXT, _, KTLA, _, KHJ-TV, KTTV, _.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:26 pm:

I got a new compressor under the tree. Now I can start re-restoring my 1912 roadster. The body was last done in the mid 1950's, so she is due for some work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:48 pm:

A Christmas Miracle is what I got. A trip to my sister's for dinner on Long Island. 100 miles one way. ABSOLUTELY ON TRAFFIC in both directions! Where the heck did everyone go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:49 pm:

Sorry: meant NO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 06:10 pm:

My wife gave me these.

I now have 18 Ford script oilcans-all different.

x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:29 pm:

Charlie, think about it. All the people who celebrate Christmas were at church, with family or at a parade or celebration, all the non-celebrants had their stores open or were at home since it was Sunday, the bums knew where to get a good free meal and knew that people with jobs or businesses and money to give panhandlers would be busy so they just as well go eat and go to wherever home is. That's why there was no traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:51 pm:

Santa brought me this Tire patch can for the T.
Part # T-4070 'Special Ford Tire Repair Outfit' on the label.

Its a big tall 6" x 3" dia can, with screw on lid. Silkscreen legend is only fair, and the can has a few dents too.

but its the real thing, even had a few sticky patches in the bottom of the can. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bartlett on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:53 am:

Charlie B...What town does your sister live in? I was born in Floral Park.Even though Florida has been good for me,I still miss L.I. from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 03:13 pm:

Mike: Massapequa. (forgive the spelling)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:52 pm:

A reverse pedal extension so i can use reverse without getting my foot caught in the pedals.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:05 pm:

Well, old memories from the past w/those TV sets--but first, no T stuff from Santa--but I got enough T stuff earlier so no disappointment.
So, when I was in First Grade, TV came to Dunsmuir. We got a Zenith set, about 14" maybe? I had the set until about 30 years ago. Got 3 channels--sometimes! Test pattern was on until about 3:30 in the afternoon when Channel 12 would start out with the Morris Taylor Show; country western singing. He must have been really young then, because the show is still on on Sat. afternoons!!!(and he still does local commercials too). Then there was the Genie Posey show; all I remember was it was a "girls show" probably about home decor, etc. THEN MY Show--Don's Cartoon Club! Don sat an an easel and drew cartoons based on stuff we viewers sent in (numbers, words) there was a squirrel puppet who "sang" (45 records played at 78--it was the original Alvin the Chipmunk times), and he'd play some cartoon shorts or three stooges, etc. After that came the news.
OH yeah, TV Dinners! What a treat! (right! NOT--but we thought they were).
OK so much for memory lane. Let's see that would have been 1960 I think.
T'
David D.
PS Rick, how about narrower shoes??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 01:43 am:

Steve, is that first one a trick question? I mean KNXT call letters were changed to KCBS channel 2 after '51 or so, KTLA channel 5, KHJ-TV channel 9, and KTTV channel 11 I don't think when I was a kid there was anything above channel 11, until KCOP 13 came along in the 60's. Hey do you remember when TV sets had doors on them and were considered furniture? We had a mahogany cabinet Packard-Bell, I think it had a 13" screen, it seemed so huge back then though, and there was no such thing as “instant on” either.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration