My funny for the day!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: My funny for the day!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 03:16 pm:

So my friend John Steele of 20 mile speedster fame in Lincoln (made it 20 miles into the run when the bottom end of his engine turned to toast and babbitt) got a Manifold Cooker a few years ago. For Christmas he got his wife a copy of the Manifold Cooker Cookbook. She's reading how to cook in it, one of the recipes says, "Drive for 45 miles and then stop to check to see if it's done." Carolyn says to John, "When have you ever had a car that would run 45 miles without breaking down and stopping?" Har De Har Har Har!!!! I love it!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 04:59 pm:

Now there's some spousal support. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:18 pm:

Micky D`s for them , and garage sale the Cooker and cookbook , huh ?? I can hear it now , " ... Never used , open box , make ya a great deal ... " . Then the argument starts ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:34 pm:

Oh, no, not John and Carolyn. She just has a good sense of humor. John is working on the 15 roadster he bought that his dad owned in the 60's and sold in the 70's. He has, as they say, "Been sorting out some issues" with it. But it does seem like every time he gets it running great and takes Carolyn for a ride it quits. It's getting better. By spring it will have a new engine and be all good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:48 pm:

Maybe it's just jealous of her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:49 pm:

Stan
I've heard of this happening on dates when younger,( runnung out of gas) are you sure John is telling the truth or telling Carolyn a story.
Carolyn better check this out. You devil you John.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:59 pm:

Wish my newly-ex had a sense of humor ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 08:44 pm:

Doug;
My ex won't even talk to me. Will yours talk to you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 09:21 pm:

Yah , now that`s it`s been 4 months , and I pay off like a slot machine every month , she calls . Mostly when she wants something , though . She just called to wish me a " A HAPPY CHRISTMAS " about an hour ago , no card , and ask what I thought of deep frying turkeys . This is a woman who almost burned out the kitchen frying up some chicken on the stove a couple`a years ago ... Mixed Blessings , Ya know ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:47 am:

Hi guys,
Stan has the last part of the story right, but I asked for the recipe book for Christmas and Carolyn bought it for me. Anyone who has been married very long realizes you don't buy recipe books, vacuum cleaners or pots and pans for your wife on Christmas or her birthday unless it specificly requested. She thought it was recipes for fixing things on Model T's not cooking food on a Model T. Anyway she was quite surprised and found it a little humerous that you could cook food on your engine. We were sitting in front of the fireplace reading the recipes when she made the comment about the car being able to go 45 miles and we had a good laugh.
She is an absolute sweet heart and I don't believe she has ever said no or given me a bad time about buying cars or parts. She has question my sanity a few times. One of the funniest was when I bought my old speedster body and brought it home. Several guys followed my son and I home, into the yard next door(two of whom had tried to buy this car). So we had five or six guys standing around and she came over and did a loop around the the car and said "you have got to be kidding me"(with a smile on her face) never skipping a beat and went back to the house. The guys were practically rolling on the ground they were laughing so hard. She never even slowed down as she made her loop, she was sure I had lost my last marble this time. Anyway she is a great lady who has put up with me for 37 years of marriage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:13 am:

A couple years ago when we were getting ready to head for Chickasha Carolyn was watching us load up. She never said anything but was watching us load some stuff to haul 1500 miles to a swap meet and I think she was thinking, "These guys are nuts if they think somebody will buy that stuff." After I saw what we had loaded I was thinking that, too, but it all went away after we got there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

Gosh John. A little Simonize on the body, some Armoral for the tires, maybe pump up the rear one, prop up the hood. I don't understand how Carolyn could be so indifferent about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 06:22 pm:

My first boat-tail was a little worse than that when I got it!

To all those who told me it was unrestorable, I liked to say "I truly enjoyed the tour"!
I wish I still had it. We sold it when we bought our first home. I am glad to have the one I have.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:49 pm:

Gee , that looks like a Raceway body , too !! Great Find !! And My apologies for presuming the worst , John , but I have just seen the worst first hand ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration