Brake lever ratchet release handle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Brake lever ratchet release handle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 06:26 pm:

The release handle on my brake lever broke on one side today between the two pivot pin holes. I've been looking at the on line catalogs for the usual parts suppliers but I can't find a replacement. I can find everything but that. Does anyone offer these or do I now have to find a useable replacement from a used brake lever?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:15 pm:

No one offers them at least not when I was looking. I salvaged one off another handbrake and used it. I am sorry I don't have another to give to you but you see them all the time on eBay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:27 pm:

Don't give up on the dealers without a call. Lang's, Bob,s, Snyder's, etc., carry some used parts that aren't in their cataloques. Here are some possibilities to try:

Model T Haven, KS (620) 365-6709 modelthaven@nautilus.net

Lang’s, MA (978) 297-1919 www.modeltford.com

Bob’s, IL (815) 633-7244 ModelT2001@comcast.net

Snyder’s, OH (330) 549-5313 don@snydersantiqueauto.com

Chaffin’s, CA (951) 735-4791 chaffinsgarage.com

Ron Paetz, Lone Pine Enterprises, WI (608) 604-7534 lonepine@mwt.net

Julius & Marvin Neunhoffer, TX (830) 257-8168 9hoffer@maverickbbs.com

Virgil Uhlman, KS (316) 774-2533

Bob Hagelgantz, KS (785) 731-5285 loah@gbta.net

John Danuser, MO (573) 642-2473 danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 11:06 pm:

Great list, Steve.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:19 am:

If you're talking about the sheet-metal hand grip at the top of the hand brake, you could try what I did about 25 years ago. I squeezed a piece of paper around a borrowed one so that it left a good impression on the paper from the edges of a good grip. Then I flattened out the paper. Cut around the edge impressions, and traced around it on a piece of scrap sheet-metal. Using a good set of tin snips, I cut out the new handle piece. Used a grinder to trim the tight corners. then shaped the edges and folded the new grip, drilled the hole. Installed it with home-made rivets. Painted, it looked really good. It is amazing what can be made in a short time with just simple tools. And a little creativity.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:45 am:

For your info after today email should be danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:39 pm:

I think I have one. If you haven't found one yet let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:27 pm:

Steamboat, send me the price on yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:40 pm:

Hi Chester,

I was out in the shop and was sort of surprised when I found it. It is the part that one squeezes for releasing the brake. The holes are OK, it still has one of the rivets. It has a bit of patina but it isn't too bad.

Get your address to me and I will look for a box to put it into

bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration