Timeing rod hook up questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Timeing rod hook up questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:28 pm:

Ok,so I drug out a couple steering columns to fix 1 for my speedster.I discovered this bend in this timer rod.Is this factory? I dont think so but I have 2 reasons for asking.1,since I am working with a 26 engine with what will be a dropped column,does this bend help in someway?
2.I helped Larry Benton with his T the other day and he has the wrong timer rod going from the column to the timer cover.So i am wondering since he has a 26 engine,and a 25 back column,if this could be part of his issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:39 pm:

Mack,that 5/16 rod should be straight. Otherwise you will have problems getting it to feed through the steering box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 07:40 pm:

The rods were straight originally. Whether it would help a speedster or not, I don't know, but I would suspect not. You'd probably get more good out of putting a throttle lever there, as opposed to the spark lever, and bending it at an angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 08:52 pm:

Thanks,when I git this column tore apart i have 2 rods that are chrome or something,aint been drilled,must be aftermarket,that I am going to put in.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration