OT-Cedric automobile-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT-Cedric automobile-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:35 am:

Not a Ford but definately of the T or pre-T era,
and a lot of detail.

Photo dated July 4 1910.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:09 am:

Funny . . . with just a 'snippit' of the ad . . 'Mikey' said it was advertising on the wall for 'Moxie' - he says he invented the drink in 1906 . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:33 am:

That's the one behind the tree, right?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:32 am:

Fascinating. The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942 doesn't mention Cedric. And that car appears to have Gray and Davis headlamps - pretty upscale. They were standard on 1905-07 Buicks, and I've seen a Model B Ford with them.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Dexter, MN on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:12 pm:

It seems unusual to see such an overweight guy in a picture of that era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:42 pm:

Front axle in that thing looks more like a Brush - wonder if he re-namd it for advertising...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

I think Rob Heyen has headlights like that on his model N Ford.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 02:01 pm:

It's a Cletrac. They were famous for crawler-style tractors that used Essex style (peaked) hoods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 02:27 pm:

Good call, Mike. The sign in the background had me (and others I think) fooled.

When I was a boy a friend had an old Cletrac tractor that he used on his ranch up until he died in 1973. I don't know what year it was, but he'd start it with an iron bar stuck into a hole on the flywheel, give it a pull and hope for the best. It ran fine, but the starting process scared the heck out of me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 02:45 pm:

I think the guy riding was Sir Cedric...There is an old Cletrac sitting behind a barn near here... looks like a dog house on tracks. Made by the Cleveland Tractor Co. They had a differential that would allow them to turn in its own length!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:43 pm:

Sir Cedric needs a bigger car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:12 pm:

The Brush car used coil springs on all four corners , in tension , and were double chain drive . The Brush cranked in the front , like a Model T , too . The car in the picture is a side-cranker , there`s no hole in that radiator core . I think that the car in the picture IS a " Cedric " , built as a one-off car , probably by the driver , who owned " Cedric Bicycle Works " . Maybe the " Weight Challenged " guy is " The Banker " Cedric is trying to get to finance production of his car ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:18 am:

I blew up this picture using my 11 year old daughter's ipod. Sure enough, it says "Cedric" on the radiator script. I think Doug hit it on the head.

Had to use her ipod because she was on the confuser. The closest thing I have to an ipod is a early eighties Realistic transistor radio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:10 am:

Gee , Mike , my " Ipod " is a pink " Hitachi TH-627R transistor 6 " radio in a medium tan leather case . Still works fine as long as I do my part with a fresh 9 volt battery , and remember to turn the darned thing " off " .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration