A TT truck with a huge load

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: A TT truck with a huge load
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:57 am:

truck

A TT Ford truck and its proud crew in Brazil, with a 8140 pound log being pulled by their Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:26 pm:

Looks to me the right rear is feeling it. Tire looks a bit rolled over. I like the dolly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:47 pm:

I wounder how long the clutch bands lasted ?

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:50 pm:

it can't be that old, there is an airplane crashing in the background. ha ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 03:39 pm:

That's a coupling pole for a people hauler.:-)

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:07 pm:

Note the trailer is another TT cut off.Done just like the chassis was under my dump bed.That is alot of wood on there.No real need to chain it down,heck if the log wanted to roll,it would just take the truck with it anyhow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:56 pm:

Hmmm - Did they only lose 22 lbs in the mill??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:00 pm:

Whoops - make that 748 lbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:20 am:

Many Moons ago, probably in the 70's or 80's, The Vintage Ford had a photo of a man from, it seems like, Mississippi or Alabama, that had a tree on a trailer pulled by a TT that as I recall was twice the diameter of this one. From the size, it looked like a Redwood but was a Cypress, I think. Anyone remember it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:35 am:

Heres one I've had on my shop wall for a few years.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:54 am:

Terry, that was "Goat" Robertson as I recall. It was a gum tree and weighed seven tons I think. There were some pictures of the rig too. Very nice article. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:32 pm:

Coincidentally, Bob, I caught this through a closed store window in Jacksonville, Oregon, several years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 02:38 pm:

Ricks
I don't know where it came from, someone in the past 15 years gave it to me. Now I know where it might have come from. Thanks.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 01:48 am:

Great picture, David.

However, it is not a log. It is a Mascot. A giant "pole"

Standing on it is the Pole Vaulting Team from Brazil.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Heatherly on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 03:06 am:

Wow! That load might be a bit much for the transmission brake.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration