Rear Spare Tire Carrier for Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Rear Spare Tire Carrier for Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Van Meter on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:05 am:

Has anyone seen a two-piece locking ring mechanism that Mercer used for secure their spare tires? I would like to replicate the design for use on the rear of my Model T speedster. I had demountable wooden wheels, but have changed to wires. This design seems to work well to clear the hubcap.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

application/pdfSpare Tire Carrier with Leather Straps
Spare Tire Carrier Straps.pdf (154.7 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 10:43 am:

Brad

Saved these pics from forum thread on 'barn yard' speedster construction....real nice way to mount T wire wheels on a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Van Meter on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:32 am:

Thanks, Dan -

Do you know who made these and if duplicates are available? Or drawings?

Great design!

Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year,

Brad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 10:54 am:

Brad,
The photos are of the spare tire mounting assembly I built for my cruiser. It was inspired by the stock roadster mounting bracket. The detachable tube assembly was added to provide support for the second spare. Sorry I don't have drawings.
The triangular piece was traced from a roadster bracket. I fiddled with the angle and length of the main tube so that the tires would clear the tool box and still have a bit of a tilt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Van Meter on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:00 am:

Thanks, Robb -

I sent a message to your e-mail address.

Brad

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration