Why is Ford upside down?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Why is Ford upside down?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:32 am:

Obviously the seam goes on the bottom so the rod won't collect water inside. But that makes the logo upside down. I haven't inspected every rod I've seen for this, but the ones I've checked are all like this. How come? It's one of life's little mysteries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 11:51 am:

Canadian export to Oz or NZ . . just kidding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode - Onalaska, WA, USA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:11 pm:

It is upside down because the part is located so low on the car. In order to look at it you have to bend way down and your head will be upside down when viewing the part. In other words, two upside downs equals a right side up. All is well.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:14 pm:

Steve,

Maybe the Model T international sign of distress? :-)

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:22 pm:

If you can read this,flip me back over?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bartlett on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:32 pm:

I own a spindle arm that has reverse FORD script.Anyone else have anything like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:35 pm:

It's for Australia to be used down under...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:49 pm:

Mike' spindle is for dyslexic mechanics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 01:16 pm:

I'm sure the logo was a replaceable insert stamp in the tooling. Unless it was keyed, it could have been installed either way. I'm sure their only criteria was that the logo was present on the part, not that it had to face a certain way (to ensure dealers were selling only "genuine Ford" parts at the parts counters).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 03:33 pm:

This was done to prove truth in advertising... Ford, "The universal Car" not the "Perfect Car".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

Its kind of like the old saying that you could get a Model T in any color as long as its in black. But most of us know thats not altogether true. Kinda of like a Dr's Coupe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:50 pm:

Maybe it's upside down because he simply had to bend over to stamp them .... or maybe not !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BOB TREVAN on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:38 pm:

Maybe for it's for hit and run over pedestrians to be able to advise the police what make of car it was ??.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 10:01 pm:

I've always heard never buy a ford that was built on Mon or Fri.... I have some buddies that worked there, they said everyone was hung over on Mon, and pissed off by Fri. So maybe that is a Monday or Friday part? LoL....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:17 am:

I don't believe they cared what direction they put it on, as long as they got it on!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration