New Year change over from 2011 to 2012

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: New Year change over from 2011 to 2012
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 06:33 pm:

Reminder. Well the time is approaching when Bruce will be closing out 2011 and starting a new forum for 2012, at which time, any interesting discussions will be terminated as the old forum is closed out and retired, so if you post a question and the forum is closed out before you get any answers, you will need to re-post your question in the new forum for it to be answered. Bruce, when will the changeover be occurring? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 06:37 pm:

Yea,I am saddened by it but it happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:48 pm:

Mack - We had quite a "discussion" on your speedster thread. Before we lose it due to the "changeover", I'm wondering if you've made any decision in regard to how you're going to lower the chassis on your speedster project; you wanted "ideas" and we sure gave ya' some! just wondering,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 09:30 am:

Note we do not lose the old thread. We can refer / link back to it fairly easily. We open the old thread and go to the top of our browser [at least mine] and copy that address and paste it into the next thread. For example Mack’s thread about “Lowering questions, want to know before I cut” can be referred back to easily. Post the answer or additional questions and add the original thread is located at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/255573.html?1324838298 After we are done reading the original thread we just close that window out and on my computer we are back on the current thread we had momentarily left. Others may need to hit the back arrow on their browser to return to the original thread.

And those web addresses are located on our browser window and displayed (at least on my browser) when we open the window. For example if we look at the top of the window we are reading now – I see http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/256376.html?1325036919 We can highlight it and either hit Ctrl C for copy or right click and select copy and then paste (Ctrl V or right click and select paste) that address in our desired location.

And of course for any thread we really want to make sure we can access the information again in the distant future, we should save it to our computer or print out a copy or back it up some how. That way if something did happen to the thread we would still have access to a copy. I have several threads from both the MTFCA and MTFCI site that are no longer available on the web (thread removed due to spam etc.). And when I want to read up on that information again I can find it.

I dropped a note to the Bruce and Chris asking them to verify the planned day / date for a switch over. But we will probably have one within the next year.

We owe so much to Bruce for all his hard work over so many years. And we also now owe Chris Brancaccio our thanks as it is my understanding he is the “web master” helping Bruce to keep the forum up and running smoothly for us. And there may be others helping behind the scenes with all that technical stuff (where would I be without my daughters to answer my computer questions?). And while we are at it – thanks to all of you for posting your questions, sharing your answers, and sharing a little bit of your lives with the rest of us. It has been a great year of learning, encouragement, and supporting one another. Thank you all!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 09:36 am:

Just about the time I think I understand how the computer works it fools me again. The address at the top of the web page changes! It is not showing
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/256376.html?1325036919
but instead is showing:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/256376.html?1325082624
but they both will take you back to the same thread -- so it should still work.

[I would guess it will change again?]

Respectfully corrected,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:17 pm:

Bruce & I will make sure it happens as close to midnight as possible.

I'm not sure about Bruce but I know I might have a beverage or two on the evening of the 31st !!!!

As Hap nicely put it above just the ability to post will be shut down in the old forum and posting will only be allowed in the 2012 forum.

Chris

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration