"Life in the Shadows of the Crystal Palace"......book

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: "Life in the Shadows of the Crystal Palace"......book
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:23 pm:

Subtitled, "1910-1927: Ford Workers in the Model T Era"

By Clarence Hooker

Sounds interesting. Has anyone read this book?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 07:33 pm:

This is an excellent book. I highly recommend it. You may luck out and find a previously published book but most I see for sale now are print on demand or batch reprints of the original.

A good companion book would be "The Five Dollar Day" by Meyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:02 am:

Erich, Here is a link to both the books Luke mentions.
I have both of these books. There is a review on " The Five Dollar Day " Regards, John

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Shadows-Crystal-Palace-1910-1927/dp/0879727381

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:37 am:

Thanks guys. They are now both on my wish list. Hint, hint....... Just read E.B. Whites "Farewell to model T" and wish it was 100 times longer. Great stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 06:08 am:

John Steinbeck wrote a nice article about His experience with Model T Fords . Good stuff , too , but short .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration