Clutch finger to drive plate rivet and mounting bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Clutch finger to drive plate rivet and mounting bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 09:38 pm:

Are the rivets that hold the fingers to the drive plate standard off the shelf rivets, or are they made of a different material? Has anyone used a 12 pt shoulder bolt or an Allen type bolt to mount the drive plate?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:24 pm:

I replaced some once. The venders sell them but as I recall they are different size ,but not to pricey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:39 am:

I know the venders have them. I didn't want to pay postage for just the 3 rivets if I could get them here in town. I should add, it's for a 1926-27 style driving plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:09 am:

They are not a standard rivit and we manufacture them. Chaffin's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 08:38 am:

The allen screw might work for the bolt but would need to be drilled for safety wire.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration