2012 National Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 2012 National Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 01:05 am:

Only one week until registration starts for the 2012 Heartland of America T Tour in Lincoln, NE. Registration starts on Jan 3rd. Hope to see a bunch of you forum guys there. Here is a link to the registration page.

http://heartlandofamericattour.com/registration.html

Steve Hughes
2012 Chapter President
Nebraskaland Model T and Antique Car Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:40 am:

I'll be there (ya think, all of 20 miles to Lincoln for me).

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:00 am:

I wish they hadn't pitched it during Montana 500 week. Oh well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:19 am:

Steve
What is the approx event starting time of the first day and the approx event ending time of last day?
Trying to decide on hotel reservations.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 04:10 pm:

Yes, TOM I agree with you. Event planners should be more aware and careful when planing their events.

I have promised a few that I would be at the 500 with my 12 Torpedo but also wanted to attend the National tour.... DARN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

Kirk,

The opening banquet will be at 6pm on Sunday June 17, 2012. The closing banquet on Friday Evening June 22, 2012. There will be an optional short tour on Sunday June 17, 2012 for early arrivals.

Mike Vaughn
Tour Coordinator
Heartland of America T Tour 2012

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 04:40 pm:

Tom and Gene.

Sorry the dates don't work out for you but other dates did not work out for us. The host facility was already booked for the week before and the week after. Our best weather of the season is always middle June. May can be really severe and July is always hot and humid. I did not see any and I repeat any conflicting events posted in the Vintage Ford when I chose my dates and still have not seen any conflicting events posted. There is not one word of the Montana 500 dates in the Vintage Ford or on the MTFCA events calendar on the web page. http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/calendar.htm So we are not all to blame when you say "Event planners should be more aware and careful when planing their events." or "I wish they hadn't pitched it during Montana 500 week. Oh well."

Mike Vaughn
Tour Coordinator
Heartland of America T Tour 2012

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:39 pm:

Mike, I did not mean to single you out at all.

Notice I said Event Planners which I meant to include all... You are correct, I don't think the 500 dates are published in the Vintage or the Times. Planning tours especially for those that drive hundreds of miles to attend makes it important to have the best weather and other conditions possible for those that aren't aware of the locale.

The good thing is that the 500 is held every year unlike yours.

The Orange County club is currently planning another California Dreaming tour April 22 I think for about 60 cars. Hope no one has a conflict.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:52 pm:

Gene - Not a problem.

I'm sure that the California Dreaming tour will be a huge success!

The Heartland of America Tour has really taken shape over the past couple of months. The tour committee has put together a very nice tour with great things to see,do and best of all eat! It should be a great week of touring Southeast Nebraska.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 09:15 pm:

The Montana 500 is except with rare exceptions held the third full week of June. This is known by many, but not all. I suppose event planners can't be expected to know all the traditional dates of all events. I'm not putting them down for not knowing. I am just disappointed that they pitched it on the same week as the Montana 500. Oh well. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:50 am:

Kirk,

I see that Mike already answered your questions. I will look forward to seeing you on the tour.

Steve

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration