It came by post today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: It came by post today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 04:07 pm:

Mary gave me permission to buy three new transmission drums for our Mountain Wagon. You have already heard me hissing and moaning about getting five transmissions and 15 bad drums. One of our members who sold me a bad one returned my money and I returned the part to him. He is a true gentleman and that is Mike Bartlet of Florida. What more can I say other than he is a true nice guy and a friend forever.

Anyway I read the ad for new drums in the September 2011 Vintage Ford and purchased two from David Nolting. They are a reverse and a Low Deum. I purchased the Brake drum through Larry blair at the Tin Shed out here in Southern California. All three drums are absolutley beautiful and much stronger than originals as they have been re-engineered to have thicker metal and will be sure to transmit the horsepower the Chris Egsgaard hill climber BBR RAJO engine is going to put out. In a pinch I believe that I could use the low and reverse pedals to slow the car down without cracking the webbing in those drums.

I have posted a picture of the reverse and low drums that just came by U.P.S. today and they are works of art. Dave Nolting installed my good internal gears and they are a wonder to behold. It is a shame to hide them inside of the hogs head. Thank you Dave. ;~) I am sorry I don't know who made the transmission brake drum but it too is a work of art and stronger than the originals were. Dave Nolting will be making the 26-27 drums soon and I am sure they will be excellent also. At the present time he is already making the early drums. As I stated before, I have wasted seven months and at 79 years of age that ain't hay.

drums

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

Frank
Very nice.
Can we get a peek at the transmission drum too.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 07:12 pm:

Ron, Larry Blair has the drum and the shaft. I saw it but didn't have my camera with me. It was made by someone else, just don't know who made it. Will find out when I deliver the reverse and low drums to Larry so he can assemble it for us. I am grinning from ear to ear. . . . I was lucky with the gears because I had ten to pick from and actually got two very good ones in the set.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration