Ohio auction Jan. 1st rare 1928 T huckster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Ohio auction Jan. 1st rare 1928 T huckster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:18 am:

Title says it all 1928? huckster plus four door sedan and a touring new years day in Nevada,Ohio. Abbotts auction house auctionzip #6841. Just thought some of you would like to know about it. Sadly I won't be going, that huckster looks like it could be a good start for someone.Jim auction 1auction 2auction 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 10:24 pm:

I had the opportunty to preview these cars. They are definately projects. Rode hard and put away wet.
The chassis is a compiliation of parts from 1916 through 1925. I don't know about the quality of work that may have been done.
Both the touring car and the sedan, IMO,are good for the bodies only. If anything in the drivetrain is useable it will be a bonus. The bodies do have some rust through. The top of the sedan has a piece of sheet metal on top of the vinyl. I suspect the wood framing may be an issue. The transmission cover on the touring has been off for decades and open to the environment. sedan roof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 07:31 am:

Jack,

When you looked at the cars did you notice if they had any "T" parts up for auction?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 09:07 am:

There are no extra T parts at this auction. There are some loose parts that belong on the cars and they will be sold with the cars.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration