Worthington Minnesota big snow 2-10-09-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Worthington Minnesota big snow 2-10-09-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:29 am:

Yikes

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:39 am:

Reminds me of pictures I once saw of Chester, CA. When people think of California they usually think of beaches and palm trees, but some parts of the state get snow measured in feet, not inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 01:39 am:

We used to ski at Manouth, California Many years until the 4th of July. One year Mamouth got 10 feet in one storm and caved the tops of some of the cars in. The winter olympics were held at Squaw Valley in California. The City of San Francisco passenger train was snowed in on Donner Pass, California for a week with hundreds of passengers on the Train in 1949. They were eventally rescued by snow cats. Many people know the history of the Donner Party that was snowed in and turned to canabalism to survive on Donner Pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 02:21 am:

Steve:
I live in Redding, Ca. In I think 67 we had a storm that started on Friday and snowed to Tuesady and when it stopped we had 27 inches of snow. That is the most I have seen since I have lived here and that is from 1956 to 2011. We usually get some snow each year, but in small amounts. When it snows more than 1 inch it turns the town into panic. Most people do not have any idea how to drive in it. Having driven in MIssouri in the late 40's and 50' and then in Germany I have a respect for it and know the way you should drive.
We are waiting for snow for theis year which will be in Jan, Feb, March.

Have aHappy New Year one and all.
Bill D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:05 am:

Dave's comment about skiing at Mammoth until July reminds me that while Tioga Pass is usually open to traffic by sometime in May, there have been some years when they didn't get it open until late July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:27 pm:

Snowed in, Breckenridge Co. late 1800's.
Pic.#1
In town getting ready to head out over Hoosier Pass ( 11539 ft) to Fairplay Co.taking about three weeks plus to travel the 23 miles to the main line to Denver another 75 miles down the line.
Pic #2
The 6 engines and steam roterary snow plow three days out had traveled about 3 plus miles.
Now would you like to go back to the old days?

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration