OT-good early car website

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT-good early car website
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 03:29 pm:

I came across this web page while looking for "the elusive Cedric" (kind of like hunting snipe) mentioned in an earlier thread.

http://www.american-automobiles.com/Ford/1907-Ford.html

I linked this page because they also have a period photo of our 1906 Model N Ford, mislabeled as a 1907 Model S (due to aftermarket fenders/running boards and mother in law seat). Scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.

Happy New Year,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES STARKEY on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

Thanks Rob,
After finding a photo dated 1908 of a relative of mine proudly posing with his new car I've been trying to find pictures and general info about his car called, 'The American under slung' and this had some very good info on it. Jimmy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 05:43 pm:

Jimmy,

I saw an American this summer at an auction. They are a very good looking vehicle. Attached is a link with a lot of nice AU pics.

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+underslung&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&sou rce=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=dN_8TsWCOcHIsQKd8OGkAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0 CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=690

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick .... Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:24 pm:

James, The Peterson Museum in L.A., CA. has a nice American on display. The Stein book, "The American Automobile" (most used book stores have a copy), has a four page article with lots of photos. That book also has two two-page photo spreads, one at the front title page and one preceding the article.

After the Doble E the American Underslung has to be one of the finest American made cars (IMHO). I feel that the large wheels and fenders lifted to the belt line has to be one of the few examples of an American automobile designer getting the proportions right. I submit that this was the finest body design until the late 1940's MG TC was given an early 1930's body style.

American Underslung
American Display in the Peterson Museum

Terry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration