Holiday Motor Excursion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Holiday Motor Excursion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 05:38 pm:

Gas up, Polish the Brass and Get Out to see the largest car show in SoCal. It's always be a great show of many many early brass cars of all makes and models.

Cars 1932 and earlier are welcomed for the tour of the Pasadena and Rosebowl area in a festive manner of the holidays. If you can't attend the tour I suggest driving to our meeting place under the SCE power lines off the 210 freeway and Foolhill to look at the many other cars that just show up. Get there before we leave at 9:00 to feast your eyes.

I think this year is the 56th year of the annual event.
Perfect weather is always gaurranteed!

See You THERE!
Gene '12 Torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:24 pm:

Gene:

Hope that pictures will be posted of the Holiday Motor Excursion. Nothing like this on the East Coast, lest the coastal New Jersey area. I will be bringing in the New Year driving my '26 Runabout,,,,, at least around the block.

I know your T will be running the best with the E-Timer ignition. Thanks for your faith in the E-Timer & spread the word.

I believe Jay Leno may be running a E-Timer shortly in his '25 Runabout he loves so much.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:40 am:

I plan on being there, should be great fun as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:51 am:

I'm planning on driving up in my modern truck just to look at all the cars.
Tom, You going to drive your TT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 01:26 am:

We're driving the '24 Studebaker as it holds more folks than my '13 Speedster. I plan to shoot a video & will post the Youtube link if all goes well. See you Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:41 am:

I'm going to be driving up from Lomita, about 25 miles. Gotta leave at 5:30 am. It's going to be cold at that hour. Last year it rained, so didn't drive a T. I don't know where the perfect weather guaranteed comes from, I've been caught in the rain there several times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank b on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:20 pm:

A little chilly in the AM (for us west coasters), but by noon we are expecting upwards of 80 degrees ! !

Get directions and a registration form here:

http://hccsc.info/HME2011.html

save standing in line time

more time to check out some other guys car..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:56 pm:

Any body got FOG Lights??

It's been so foggy here thelast couple of day you need a knife of shovel to get thru it.

Won't be nice for the newly polished brass but the that's life in Surf City.

Ralph and I are going to have another cup of coffee and wait till about 7 before leaving.
Hoping to see Tom, Larry, Scott, Bill and others from the OC and Long Beach club there.

Make sure to say Hi if we miss you

Gene Carrothers
12 Torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard from San Buenaventura, Calif on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:33 am:

Wanted to attend with my car but can't get the -- newly flared -- leaking fuel line fixed. Darn!
Will try to be there at around 7:45 anyway, to soak in the good vibes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:52 am:

I plan on taking my 47 Chevy COE with I think my Henderson Deluxe in the back. I still dont have my axle back together on my TT, maybe next year. Hope to see ya all and meet others, Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 08:19 am:

The car is warming up... about ready to depart :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:29 am:

Mary and I are tagging along in her Jaguar because I couldn't get 22 ready. I will take pictures and post them later on today.

R.D's Pickup powered by Frontenac

hme

Some of the 300 cars

car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:06 pm:

Here's the link to my video shot today of the Holiday Motor Excursion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWj3TVVwl0w&list=UUQICCB-D3F44RrhPMbNJMAw&index=1 &feature=plcp

We had a lot of fun :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration