Manifold cooker

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Manifold cooker
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:07 pm:

Karen got a manifold cooker for Christmas. We tried it out today. We put some weenies and water in one baking bag and emptied a can of chili into another and put them both into the cooker. We drove about fifty miles and stopped for a picnic lunch. It was obvious that the rear gets hotter than the front. I guess that makes sense and may be good to know in the future. The chili dogs were good and we had a good time. We'll have to get a little more creative next time and try something besides hot dogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:01 pm:

Hal - Did your chili dogs look anything like this? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:42 pm:

I gotta get me one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:46 pm:

Cooker , Dog , Or Both ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:51 pm:

Mike,
That dog won't be chili for long, once the motor warms up!
I think I would like to try one of those cookers. It should work well on the coupe.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:37 am:

Ha, Doug, I mean the cooker. Friend has a dog like that and it is great for them, but I am happy to leave it there when I go.

It may be a good item to keep in the car in case you run over something good.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:39 am:

I wonder if it makes any difference in the front area cooking temp if the fan were not turning?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 04:09 am:

Interesting. Could be. I was thinking more along the lines of the rear containing four cylinders worth of exhaust gas rather than one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 06:01 am:

So? Why not just put the Hot Dogs in water in the cooker and then have just the Chili (or sauerkraut) in a bag and put the bag in the same Hot Dog water? Just can't see someone back in the twenties going to the General Store for . . 'cooking bags'!
'Mikey' says they didn't invent cooking bags until 1928 . . . sometimes, I think he's lying . .
Happy New Year to all!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 06:46 am:

I would like to suggest that " The Road Kill Cookbook " would be a GOOD accessory to keep in the turtle deck with the cooker if you own a runabout , or on the back floor otherwise . THINK of the fun when you pull it out and start turning pages ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:08 am:

Speaking of creating invention dates out of whole cloth - I once had a guy at a parking lot discussion who said he didn't use my Voltage Regulator because it was not an item that Ford used during the T era. I gave him the usual info that cruising speeds today are high speed sustained driving and that a cutout based system quickly ruins a battery but I added that I try very hard to capture the essence of the Model T by insisting that the solid state devices such as transistors, diodes, etc that I use in my Voltage Regulators are pre 1928 devices. He seemed to accept that without comment and walked on but then about 15 feet away from me he got it and turned to look back at me. We both laughed and I pointed to him with my best "Gotcha" look. T people can take a joke and hand you one right back. You have to have a screw loose somewhere to want to drive around in 100 year old technology and not give a darn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 02:24 pm:

Would that "Roadkill Cookbook" fit in the turtle deck of a coupe?
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 07:12 pm:

Wayne : ...With the carefully " Grilled " and sectioned roadkill , too ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:49 pm:

HOT DANG!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration