Question for Erich, Bruce, Ken and others in the PDX/VAN area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Question for Erich, Bruce, Ken and others in the PDX/VAN area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 01:56 pm:

Carol and I are looking for something to do in June. The planets will be coming into alignment for the first time in a few years and she and I will both have a chance to take some time off at the same time. We're trying to find something to do that's out of town.

We're wondering if you guys will be having any Model T outings that month?

It would be fun to come up and meet everyone and then go for a run.

If something comes up, do let us know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 02:49 pm:

Don't know about Model T outings, but you would be welcome to come ride the steam locomotive cab with me if you are interested. We will be making the 4-mile trip by that time of year.
Also we can get together with Erich and others and lie to each other!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 03:00 pm:

PS--here are a couple of links to videos of the train rides!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8dVv3CRxw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoGDaRBdro

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 03:10 pm:

That looks like a blast, Ken! I sent the link to Carol. That would make a great day trip. Her and I both love trains. We used to visit a guy down near Deadwood (in the Oregon Coast range between Eugene and Florence) who had built a 2 1/2 mile train set up in the woods on his property. The county eventually made him shut it down because he lacked permits to build it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 07:57 pm:

Ken is great but, I will have you know I don't ever tell lies. To bad I lost the picture of the fish I caught last week because it was so huge....... My wife and I sure had a great time with Ken riding the rails.

I am sure there will be something T related to do, or we can get mine out and do a drive. Would love to see you two regardless.

Our club is doing a tour planning meeting for the year in about 2 weeks, so will know more after that. We usually do 2 tours a month. Would love to see you guys up this way. Will be open to whatever. Lets keep looking at this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:54 pm:

Dan-
Give a holler when you are up in the area. I'm sure there will be a RCMTC or HCCA tour going on...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber Spanaway, Wa. on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:24 pm:

Maybe some T folks from up this way could make it down there.
I'll talk to some of the crazies and see what comes of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:31 am:

You got it guys...looking forward to getting together! One way or another, dang-it.

Carol and I just got back from Coos Bay. Went down and picked up my Grandpa and we all went out to Shore Acres to look at their fantastic Christmas light show.

My Grandpa is 94 and he's looking forward to driving the Model T this spring when the weather gets better. I'm sure I've told most of you this story by now, the first car my grandpa ever drove was his dad's 1924 coupe...and he put it in the ditch on the first corner...grin....he was 14 at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:39 am:

Danial, keep gramps away from those ditches. See you in 2012.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration