Alas, Forum 2011, soon we say our goodbyes.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Alas, Forum 2011, soon we say our goodbyes.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 03:16 pm:

Met a lot of great folk on your pages here. Sad to see you go.....Here's to you and here's to the newbie coming in - 2012! (sniff, Auld Lang Syne can be heard in the distance)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 04:16 pm:

NIAGARA FALLS. . .
Slowly I turned. . .
Step by Step,
Inch by Inch
Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!!

Thought this thread needed some comic relief!
See ya all next year!!
2012--the year I get my '25 on the road!!
OR ELSE!!!!
Step by Step. . .
:-)
T'ake care,
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 04:45 pm:

For those who may have missed it, here is is with Lou Costello and Lew Fields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr6VBg1SiYI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 05:13 pm:

David, I'm not sure whether your "Niagara Falls" reference is to Lou Costello or to the Stooges. WIth "Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!" I have to assume the latter.

Regardless, It's good to see another fan here on the forum.

Also, I hope that 2012 is the year that sees my speedster project finished and on the road. The one thing I must resist is the installation of a Scat Crankshaft. Having seen one in person at Mike Bender's a few weeks ago, I'm riding the proverbial fence between 'I have GOT to get me one of these!', and my oft-stated 'Use What You have!'. Wish me luck in exercising self-control!

Happy New Year to all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 07:31 pm:

It has probably been more than 40 years since I last saw it, but I clearly remember the stooges doing that routine! Whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!
I believe I remember Abbot and Costello doing it also.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 09:15 pm:

Thankyou all for a very imformative and entertaining year. Some great technical advice, lots of nice pictures and a few lively discussions!
Happy new year form down under and all the best for 2012.
Warwick Landy. Model T Ford Club of Victoria, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 09:33 pm:

I will miss this section.Alot of good info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:36 pm:

Love The Stooges and Abbot and Costello!! And of corse you can't forget Laurel and Hardy! Look what the have done for the Model T-------well maybe more like what they have done to it!!!!! HA HA!
See ya all next year....Chip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:48 pm:

Bill,
Definitely the Stooges--I didn't know A&C did it too. I don't really remember anything but the lines--I saw the movie on TV when I was probably 8 years old! It's just stuck with me since then!
The other line I have no idea why it's so funny, but I use it is; "My Name Jose Hamannis!"
Something about What's my line?
T'ake care,
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:08 pm:

Bill Dana as Jose Jimenez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MOLzFpqrU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:52 pm:

Yup! learned some stuff, seen a lot of nice cars (I always check your profile page) and got a lot of great advice from a lot good people from just about everywhere.

Yup! here's hoping next year will be just as much fun as this one has been, if not more so.

May the fun never quit! :-)

Happy New Year all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:00 am:

"Is that a crash helmet you are wearing?"
"Ooh, I hope no-ot!" Bill Dana
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 01:23 am:

Wayne,
ROFL!!
Steve,
I'm on dial up, can't watch u-tubes.
RATS!
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 11:23 am:

Okay, here's the Stooges version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc

And Lucy's version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSiQQJ-IoI

... and this one will bring a tear to your eye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfHnLHUhdA

After playing countless USO shows, Abbott and Costello were hounded by the Internal Revenue Service. They had to sell their homes and the rights to their films to get out of that jam.

The Three Stooges were paid a pittance by Columbia Pictures and didn't end up much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 01:20 pm:

Happy New Year to all!
Let's hope next year brings increased prosperity and health to everyone.

We lost some dear people this year.
They will be missed, but life and time goes on.
This is a good time to pause and remember the characters, the geniuses, the heroes to affected our lives.
It is Ok to shed a little tear as we lift our glasses of milk (or whatever) to not just their memory, but how they lived.

In my case the joy of hugs and kisses from grandchildren along with rides in the T to the apple farm and the Memorial Day Parade in the T made 2011 a special year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 03:16 pm:

We were blessed with some unseasonably warm weather today (meaning it wasn't freezing), so I figured okay... we'll close out 2011 with one more ride before pulling Penelope's coils for the winter. Not that you can tell it's the last day of 2011 by the photo, here she is, sporting her new runningboard tool box.

And what the heck... here's the other side, too (also photographed on New Year's Eve, thereby making it relevant).

Happy New Year, Gang!

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration