Demountable wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Demountable wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:12 pm:

On a demountable wheel with a steel felloe, are the spokes made with a little round knot on the end where it goes into the felloe
I always thought the spoke was made with a round dowel shaped on the end that goes into the felloe.What is the correct way it is suppose to be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:33 pm:

Steve;
This one is not like those. The wood doesn't go through the rim. There is just a dent in the felloe for each spoke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 01:14 pm:

I don't like the sound of that. I'm no wheel expert, but I suspect non-Ford. I didn't find a mention of felloes like that in the encyclopedia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 02:28 pm:

Please see responses at the 2012 Forum.

This thread continues at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/257216.html?1325359542

Or the 2012 forum in general continues at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/257047.html?1325359542

Respectfully relocated,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 03:50 pm:

Thanks Steve and Hap.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration