Milwaukee Club racing on the ice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: Milwaukee Club racing on the ice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 08:00 pm:

Today we took 2 cars on the ice. Maynard Knudson's polo car and Kevin Helinski's roadster.

Temp around 32-34 degrees and ice 10-13 inches thick.

I think this is going to become an annual event.
Next year we should have 2 polo cars.

Wanna race?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 09:42 pm:

I would like to watch this!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 08:55 pm:

Is Uncle Maynard driving in the 3rd picture?
Billy(Maynard's nephew) wants to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By les schubert on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 09:19 pm:

This would be a good use for a "Barn yard Cruiser"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:18 am:

I don't think Maynard drove at all. The car belongs to him, but he just enjoys watching others drive the polo car.

The club should have another polo car ready in about a month. The engine is being rebored at the present time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:36 am:

Growing up in Maryland, Mom always told me.. "never walk out on the ice.."

Heck if I'm going to drive on it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:44 am:

Videos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 07:28 pm:

I don't know about Dave's title about racing on the ice, more like playing around on the ice. Maybe next year if we have two Polo cars we can get a little competition going. We did have 3 lap timed runs for anyone who wanted to take it out.
I didn't really get any video of that as I was showing my wife and one of my friends how to drive in my T and then taking them plus my niece, nephew and my friends kids out in the Polo car for runs. I did get a lot of video of that. The Polo car runs are starting at about the 4 1/2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Cx8Pm4xBc&list=UUi5QgwxGnCAVk0yPKI8pytA&index=1 &feature=plcp

Compared to the sloppy tiny track we had last year, it was quite an improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfi5h3gUd64&list=UUi5QgwxGnCAVk0yPKI8pytA&index=9 &feature=plcp

Not many of us even thought this was going to happen this year as most of the lakes around here have a lot of open water on them but the little bay where this was had about 13 inches if ice where the track was. It was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed getting out at the end of February and getting in the T and blasting around, especially everyone who had never driven one before.

Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 07:49 pm:

Fun :-)
OT: Youtube usually has a restriction - max 10 minutes - what's needed to be able to load up longer videos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 08:18 am:

To upload longer videos, you have to be an active user.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 03:24 pm:

It seems like originally you were limited to 10 minutes of very low definition video, then it was 15 minutes of HD video and recently it said I was able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. Just to try it out I uploaded a 1.6 Gb. HD video that was about 75 minutes long. I think it took about 12 hours to upload but it worked.
Here's a link to pictures from the ice trials if anyone wants to check them out:

http://www.milwaukeemodeltclub.com/IceTrials2012P1.htm

Kevin

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration