DOWNTON ABBEY CARS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: DOWNTON ABBEY CARS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 06:20 pm:

Now that Downton Abbey has apparently reached its conclusion, how many different makes of cars appeared in that series.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Ashton Rosenkrans on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 06:47 pm:

The British Auto Museum in Beulieu is a truly amazing place, I'm betting a lot of the cars came from their collection. Wonderful show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 07:46 pm:

Bill,

It's only this season's series that is coming to an end. We have a whole new season of episodes to look forward to next year. The saga continues.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 08:35 pm:

Oh Me. Have to admit that the wife begged me to watch an episode. Have viewed all the seasons, some on Netflix, some live streaming, and others off the TV. Can't wait for the new season ! :-)

I got caught up in noticing some of the Model T's were out of period, in the first season (Titanic sinking) there is shown a 'steel' low radiator T...ah, not right....but the show and cast and photography is outstanding.

Here is a link on the cars shown, most are Model T's
http://imcdb.org/movie_1606375-Downton-Abbey.html

Of course if you really are into Downton Abby, you can get paper doll cutouts to go with your plastic models of the Ford :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 02:25 am:

What is "Downton Abbey"? I ask hesitatingly.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 02:27 am:

Me too Wayne, I've never heard of it. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hunt Dowse on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 08:21 am:

It's the latest series on PBS about a family in England starting just before the Great War and going, so far, until 1920. Amazing set construction, great old cars and, oh, some really good acting, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B, Toms River NJ on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 09:07 am:

Paper dolls. Good God. Leave it to the Brits. had a laugh over the happy & sad faces.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration