26 Pick Up Project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: 26 Pick Up Project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 08:24 pm:

Washed the pollen off my T this afternoon, now off for a neighbor drive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 08:27 pm:

That is very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 08:35 pm:

Thanks Tom,
I took it all apart back last October. Had all parts sandblasted, then power coated the frame and repaired all the body rust/rot out. And there was a lot of rusted areas to fix. It's been a labor of love. It's so rewarding to know I've installed every nut and bolt!
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 08:47 pm:

I like working on them almost as much as driving them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 09:17 pm:

Mike,

I think you could do it professionally.
That is the sweetest little truck.

Enjoy it.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 09:34 pm:

It a blast to drive too!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:59 am:

Thumbs up Mike!!!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 07:24 am:

Sweet !~!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:38 am:

Goes without saying,that is a great looking truck! Does the 26,27 truck use the 10 pc wood blocks like the touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:44 am:

Double thumbs and toes up. Looking great Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:46 am:

You mentioned "washed pollen off". That reminded me of a yellow pickup I once owned. It sure attracted the bees! Your pickup looks good. If it runs as good as it looks, you have a wonderful experience ahead.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:51 am:

Mike, congratulations. It is almost as nice as my 1927 truck!

I had a front bumper on mine for a while. It makes hand cranking difficult and dangerous. If you step inside the bumper so you won't mash your hand you have to remember where you are so you don't plant your face in the mud whilst attempting to go and advance the spark when she fires!

Don't ask how I know! Suffice it to say that Rusty no longer has bumpers!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:06 am:

Think of Mike's truck as the "before" picture and Terry's truck as the "after" picture, after about 84 or 85 years that is. :-)

I really like BOTH!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:07 am:

That is one beautiful truck. But it's not a factory color, so since it is a commercial vehicle and you are an electrical contractor I would put some advertising on it if it were mine.

Mike's Electric - done the old fashioned way !

Or some other catchy slogan. You can have magnetic signs made up that will not mess up that wonderful paint job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:17 am:

I'm also putting together a 26 Rdst. pickup, Wife wants dark blue, does'nt make me any difference, got patch panels at chickasha from Howells, son-in-law is a body man by trade, says he'll help install, have shortened A crank engine, Ruxstell to check out, accessory 19 in snap ring Dayton wire wheels, I have all the parts except Classtique upholstery and top, that will really set it off, lets see if this works, I've been locked out after the MTFCA upset on the 13th of March

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:52 am:

Thanks everyone. I've learned a lot in building this pickup. It seems that every part I put on had to be custom fitted. It took a lot of man hours and busted buckles to get her all together. And yes it runs as good as it looks, thanks to rebuilt coils from Ron The Coil man.
I have ordered a new top...so that's my next project.
I started off by just building something I could have fun with, but after getting into the build I decided to make it a "show piece" It's not all 100% original, it not a 100 pointer at any car show, but it's mine and I built it all by myself...how many guy at car shows can say that about their ride!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 12:07 pm:

Doesn't look like you will be needing that LH running board step plate!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard from San Buenaventura, Calif on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 12:50 pm:

Terry,

your T looks like a genuine T should look like. It's genuine, honest, has been allowed to age gracefully and carries its patina with pride. I love it!

In contrast, Mike's car looks like a replica, built for the circus or silly parades. Anything reminiscent of history and a soul has been totally destroyed and its very essence has been opened up to ridicule. I wouldn't even want to be seen in it at night. I'm sure little kids like it though.

Just expressing my strong feelings about turning an antique into a clown car. Nothing personal, and no offense intended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 01:41 pm:

Mike,I like your choice of colors and judging by all the positive comments so do a lot of others.
Don't be discouraged by one rude negative comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 02:51 pm:

Dale...Everyone is entitled to their option. This is my T and I'm very proud of the way it turned out...even if one person thinks it's a clown car!,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:05 pm:

Mike,

Cant wait to see the top go on. From whom do you plan to buy the kit?

Looks wonderful so far! Its your car (truck) and you can paint however you like. Just be warned...I once had a Mini Cooper S in "Mellow Yellow" with Black stripes and it was a magnet for speeding tickets.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:11 pm:

Or as Tom Buchanan called Gatsby's Silver Ghost Rolls..."the circus wagon".

Pay no attention to the nea sayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:14 pm:

Mike, I think it looks mighty fine. You have done some very nice work bringing it back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:24 pm:

Mike,

Cant wait to see the top go on. From whom do you plan to buy the kit?

Looks wonderful so far! Its your car (truck) and you can paint however you like. Just be warned...I once had a Mini Cooper S in "Mellow Yellow" with Black stripes and it was a magnet for speeding tickets.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders-Auburn Al on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:33 pm:

Just beautiful, Mike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 06:51 pm:

Steve, I don't think I'll be getting any speeding tickets with the "Bumble T" It does 0-35MPH in about two city blocks!!LOL
I bought a top kit from Snyders Antique Auto Parts. Never done a top before, but then again I never built a T before either. I'll give it my best shot!
Mike

Frank,I do put magnetic signs on my 26 Tudor when I put it in parades..Little advertising can't hurt!
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:18 pm:

This is what I started with back in October..rust bucket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:07 pm:

W O W , that looks purty, nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Knoll on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:08 pm:

That's pretty spiffy Mike ! You did a great job...I can hardly wait till I get mine back on the road ! "Come on Camp trailer Project, hurry up and get done!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:10 pm:

Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 03:40 am:

Mike
The truck looks great! I'm not a fan of yellow but man'o'man you really pulled it off whit this one, I would be proud to own it.

Sent from my iPad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:10 am:

I'd like to see you mount your tailgate chains correctly. The end of the chain should be connected to the link that secures the tailgate to the pickup box. Of course if you have it the way you want it, thats ok too.
Do you ever sleep? You certainly have made rapid progress on your project. Amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 02:48 pm:

Lovely trucks, both of them, two similar trucks two differe nt interpitations. I would be proud of both. Everybody has an opinion, my thoughts, if they don't pay your bills, they're opinions don't matter. Enjoy the "atta boys" and don't let the nays throw ya.

ATTA BOYS!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:23 pm:

Very nice, I had a Morris Minor painted about the same color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike D, Williamsburg VA on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:41 pm:

Red is my favorite color, but I already had a red T, so we went with my wife's favorite color, yellow.
I didn't know if I was going to like it at first, but know I Love It..guess I should listen to my wife more often! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 11:13 am:

Mike,

I've been off the forum for a while and can't believe your progress. The truck looks great!

Craig

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration