OT - can anyone tell me how to set/adjust a Schebler Model R carb?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: OT - can anyone tell me how to set/adjust a Schebler Model R carb?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 12:02 am:

Or know of instructions to adjust a Model R carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieT on Monday, August 13, 2012 - 11:30 pm:

Rob,

I have PDF instructions for a Schebler Model L which looks similar to a Model R and they might be of some help. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send the instructions to you.

Charlie Tosch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 12:12 am:

Charlie,

Thanks, I've sent you a PM.

Rob

From my iPad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieT on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 05:26 pm:

Rob,

I e-mailed 2 pdf files to you this morning. Did they come through ok?

Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 08:07 am:

Charlie,

Got it, thank you. Some of the Model L is the same. I wish i were able to find the same info on a Model R.

Thanks again,

Rob

From my iPad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B Joyce on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 04:02 pm:

Rob, Check out Google, There is a lot of stuff on the"S" and refers to Dykes Automotive manual. There is a lot carb info in Dykes if you have acess to one. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 04:45 pm:

This ad is from a 1911 catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 05:10 pm:

Only for you, Rob. What car is this for?

"Automobile Engineering" Vol I of VI, 1920:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 05:12 pm:

It wouldn't let me post this third pic to complete the section of "Dribbler Scheblers" as my oldest brother the small engine guy calls them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 10:16 pm:

John and Ralph,

Thanks. The K has a Schebler Model R. We fought it for quite a while, until removing the inline filter. Now, I can make it idle great. Then, when adjusting the "high speed" screw on the bottom, the engine will run great in the shop. However, under load, it acts like it is running rich and I can't get this "loping" out of it.

Of course I'm used to Ford carbs and "instant gratification" by turning the rich/lean rod. I think a visit to "Stan the Man" this winter is in order for the carb.

Thanks again,

Rob

From my iPad

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration