I just can't believe it is going to be as easy as it may seem.
Easy with some prep work first.
Best results to date is sandblasted clean rubber channel, be sure all the old hard rubber is gone. Then powder coated stanchion, that powder coat finish is slick.
Then be sure to coat the new rubber seal with your favorite silicone grease, that will ease the pull of the seal into the channel.
If you use silicone grease, make sure you get EVERY bit of it cleaned up when you are finished. Any leftover silicone will play havoc if any painting is done at a later date. Body shops hate that stuff. JMHO. Dave
For me it was one of the few things that was as easy as it seemed - just scrape out the old hard rubber and slide in the new. The repro I got is very soft rubber and any awkward bits just pushed in with a screwdriver.
Dan mentioned powder coating,which is a form of paint,I guess. If you want to use paint,use some liquid dish washing soap. The rubber will slide right in.
On my stantion rubbers, the rubber was almost twice as thick as the groove. Mine are powder coated, so I checked another set of stantions that I have that are not coated, and the rubbers are still way too thick. Contacted the vendor and explained the problem. He went and got one from his stock and after measuring it he agreed they were too thick. Don't know what they are going to do if anything. Haven't heard back. This was 6 months ago. All I know is there is no way to stretch them enough to get them thin enough to slide into place. Steve