Closed car mirrors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: Closed car mirrors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott thayer-Ohio on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 05:15 pm:

what kind of mirrors you guys running on outside your cars,i have a 23 coupe suicide doors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 06:28 pm:

See this thread for this photo: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/47308.html?1202265608
mirror
Mike Walker made reproduction brackets a year ago: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/245420.html?1320361811

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 07:19 pm:

My Lizzie has genuine Harley Davidson mirrors mounted where the upper hinge pins used to be. They almost look like they belong there.

If I'd been thinking about looking more 'original' I should probably bought the round ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 09:41 pm:

I still have a couple of the brackets in case anyone is interested.

bracket

They're much heavier than a garage door handle. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 09:33 am:

This is a mirror on my 25 Coupe. It clamps over the door hinge. Would love to find a matching one for the other side. I may have to make one at some point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 09:55 am:

I have hinge pin mirrors on both of my cars 24 Fordor and 26 Coupe but they won't work on a car with the hinge at the back of the door, Mikes bracket looks like the way to go.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 10:25 am:

I don't know if this would work with suicide doors or not. It's hard on the paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brewer - NorCal on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 08:04 pm:

I took one of those door edge clipons, removed the base and made a small rectangular plate to replace it. Glued on some rare earth magnets- it stays put on the window frame very well. The head vibrates loose before the mirror arm moves. Works great at "T" speeds but I wouldn't try it on the freeway! And best of all, no holes drilled in the body.
Mirror
Base
Magnets
Mirror

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 10:29 pm:

Now, there's a heck of an idea. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 10:57 pm:

I also opted for a pair of Harley-Davidson mirrors. I drilled holes in the A-posts and screwed in some brass inserts I picked up a local woodworking store. The mirrors simply screwed into the insert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott thayer-Ohio on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 11:11 pm:

thanks,i was thinking harley mirrors already,been riding them them forever,magnet idea is pretty cool too! thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 09:53 am:

These offer mounting options and appear vintage. They have convex mirrors but from previous a post I understand this cures fuzziness from vibrations. Also available in black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PM-WESTCOAST-VINTAGE-OE-5-SEMI-RV-BUS-DUMP-FLAT-BED-TRUC K-CONVEX-SPOT-MIRROR-CE-/330824923410?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp= mtr&hash=item4d06b3b912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:40 am:

Scott, that's where I came up with the idea too. Never owned a Harley new enough to have one of them lectric starter thingy's on it. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration