$129 tbay timer please educate me (photo)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: $129 tbay timer please educate me (photo)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullis on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 12:03 pm:

Below is a photo of a timer that fetched $129.75
on tbay.
I was surprised to see it sell for that high of a price. Is it super rare or was that just another bidding war?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 01:55 pm:

Not sure why that timer was worth that much to two bidders. It is $128.75 higher in price than the last four timers I bought.

However it is $320.25 cheaper than an E timer so it can be considered a bargain compared to that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 02:24 pm:

Unique and oddball aftermarket timers can command good money from timer collectors.

That timer is not a typical roller timer:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 02:27 pm:

Crazy eBay is all I can say!

Have two of those timers, need to put on on eBay for sure.

Paid $5 for this one at Chickasha, Bob's Antique Auto parts had a box full of different ones, all $5 each.

The guts of the Duplex has 4 contact points, like a distributor, spring loaded ramp opens them when the roller spins around.

Can't believe anyone would pay over $100 for this clunk of a timer :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 03:18 pm:

Dan - John Regan would tell us (and rightfully so) that that's a design that (unnecessarily) has 4 times as much chance of possible trouble!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 07:24 pm:

There is another one on ebay right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 07:33 pm:

If you are a timer pervert, and that one is missing from your collection, you will pay what you think its worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 08:39 pm:

Didn't take you long to list your extra timer there, Dan ! I don't have that particular timer in my collection but I do have a sense of moderation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 09:13 pm:

Steve

Just trying to make some Christmas ca$h :-)

Hope a bidding frenzy happens for me.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 10:51 am:

I hear ya !!! Nice timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:23 am:

Looks to me like someone designed a ball bearing roller, then re-designed the timer to deal with the electrical erosion of the ball bearings in the roller....

Notice how the points are shot in that photo of the used one posted above?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration