What is this heavy rusty object?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: What is this heavy rusty object?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Gregory on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 05:51 pm:

I have another thing that came with my truck that I'm not sure of, any help? The top angles down a tad bit and the sides are straight. Three holes on each side, 4 on top with more space in the middle. Is this Model T related?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 06:03 pm:

It looks like a U-joint for a muffler hitch. If I remember a fella up at Hershey was selling them for $100.00 apiece. I bought 3 of them, though I only own 2 Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Gregory on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 07:29 pm:

Never heard of it, could you put up a picture or send some info of what it's all supposed to look like? I have some other pieces of steel that may be part of it as well. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 07:41 pm:

Mike, shame on you. Everyone knows it's a kluge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 09:20 pm:

Home made hood former?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 09:51 pm:

G'day Steve,

My kluge is slipping, any advice?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Gregory on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:07 pm:

So, scrap metal I take it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:07 pm:

Lucky when you find one in that condition...Its the other things that are most valuable though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:43 pm:

Sean, there's no such thing as scrap metal. It's bar stock to be cut up and used in a future project. But for now yes it's nothing to do with your truck. It sort of reminds me of the handle that would be put on a homemade dump on the endgate of a grain box. But that's a maybe/maybe not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:51 pm:

Hood former was my first thought.

My second thought was...is Mike on every thread? Or is that just the voice in my head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:52 pm:

Hey Sean, that is a very cool pic in your profile...love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 11:06 pm:

All day long. Not every thread but I do pick and choose and hit a lot of them. But it seems like I see a lot of you too. So now I'll go ahead and stop my offensive ways and just lurk from now on. Good Bye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 11:24 pm:

Now, Mike. Some of us do really enjoy your postings. There are several people that used to post, that I miss hearing from here. I don't want you to become one of them. This is the only social life I have left!
Drive carefully, and enjoy the holidays! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 11:27 pm:

Ha! Just ribbin' ya Mike...but I think you know that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 01:25 am:

It is a useful thing. It has a technical name that escapes me at the moment but it does have a name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 02:28 am:

This is turning into a lefthand thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 02:36 am:

I looked it up on the net and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 02:41 am:

This guy was working on it a while back and here's his explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXTOlsE8k0

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration