290 Stipe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: 290 Stipe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 07:30 pm:

Fired my first 290 up this eve, What a different sound than the 280, out the back of the straight pipe it sounds like there is a 4 inch pipe there instead. Can't wait to see it go down the road to see the difference in power and torque!!! Thanks Bill for the new design!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:27 pm:

What's your plans for the 280 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 06:21 am:

That is in another engine. thanks for asking!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 06:57 am:

Good deal Joe, i'm in the process of building 2 engines. Thought I'd ask, you never know when a good part is going to be retired to a garage shelf... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:20 am:

Joe:

Stipe 290 ?? Did not see any mention on the Stipe website ? Can you please elaborate the plus factors.... I'm running a 280 now & pleased.

Thanks
Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:44 am:

It's there.... All $389.95 of it LOL :-)

http://stipemachine.com/index_files/page0006.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 02:41 pm:

I already have two .280's in my T's. I see a difference between my old stock (meaning "well worn") crankshaft and the .280, but what will another .010 lift give me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 05:32 pm:

Noel, it is not just the lift that he changed the duration of the intake has changed a lot, you have to cut into the lifter area to make more room for the lifters, at least on two of them I had to but since it was set up I went across and opened them all up for more room. I can't wait to see the difference in a car, back in the day when I was into the drag racing cams like this where quite the torquer shafts!! Thanks Again Stipe Machine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 10:05 am:

Joe,
For what body and application is the engine for? I suspect with a 290 you'll have less power and torque at low rpm.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration