Perpetual Spark Plug Company interior-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: Perpetual Spark Plug Company interior-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 09:20 am:

Has anyone ever heard of this Company?
Do you know what these machines do?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:25 am:

Herb

Appears to be lathes or some special tooling, elec motor run due to all the wall wiring, that turn long stock. Those support tubes are holding the stock, maybe hex stock, for making the steel base of spark plugs. Early form of rotary feed automatic lathe turning :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:50 am:

It's interesting and noteworthy that with all the wiring in the room, there are just two light fixtures to be seen (that I can find anyway), and small ones at that. With all that power equipment you'd think lighting things up would be a bigger priority.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:30 am:

These machines are automatic chucker or screw machines (lathe work)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 02:37 pm:

Perpetual Ezekleen2Small.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 07:05 pm:

Thanks Art. Some of you guy never cease to amaze me.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 07:55 pm:

I run those type of machines at my day job, you install the octagon bar stock in the four tubes in the back as the machine runs it moves inward with different tools in six positions to come up with a finished part. Each rotation does a different cut to the part till last rotation cuts off a finished part. They are old dinasours compared to the new bar fed lathes but if you wreck one of these it is back up and running in an hour, the bar feds, call the manufacturer. A week long tear down is going to happen!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration