1915 Pickup Box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2012: 1915 Pickup Box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 04:51 pm:

Pick up a mess of 1915 body parts for my project and it included a wooden bed with the attached decal on the bed.

Can anyone tell me more about this bed and or the manufacturer? I do not think the box is a 1915 but I do not know for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 06:18 pm:

The tag makes it a post '19 when the Martin Company and the Parry Co. merged.

The Martin Company started in the 1890's. The Parry Co. were buggy builders until 1916.

Here is a cut from one of their catalogues for the pick-up bed...just so happens to be on a '15 at that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 06:53 pm:

Thanks. I am grateful for the information and I'm a little smarter now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 07:32 pm:

John,

Glad to help. Here are two more cuts on Martin Parry. Shown on what appears to be black era car.

If you want higher res photos, send me a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 11:58 pm:

One of those Martin Parry boxes would look great on the back of a 1915 torpedo runabout. I would certainly use it if I had it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:10 am:

John,

Check out the link below.

http://www.mtfca.com/books/MParry.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 11:56 am:

VERY interesting! I have the number 116 and it is in great shape.

And yes Royce... I am using it on the Roadster pickup I am building. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:05 pm:

What are the approx. dimensions, please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:06 pm:

I'll measure it for you Rick. It will be a little later today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:26 pm:

Thanks, John. No hurry at all. I'm gonna' build a new box for mine someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 03:28 pm:

It is 3 feet wide and 5 feet long (exactly both dimensions).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 04:16 pm:

Here's the factory made
bed on our 1915 roadster that we get lots of positive comments on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 05:04 pm:

Thanks, Jon. And thank you, Jay, for all the great detail. I would guess the bed on yours to be about four feet long?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 06:19 pm:

Good to hear you got the 15' parts I love the original patina of that box but always thought it was a little long for a roadster body, maybe it's just me. Also thanks for saving me from buying into another project that I would not have time for. Believe me I was tempted at that price. Can't wait to see the car on the road. If you need any help or advice just ask but I will not polish that brass for you, have plenty to polish here with the 10' coming soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich in Orting,WA on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 06:29 pm:

Jay: I like the hardware on your tailgate. The box John just bought is different.

Mike: I am not polishing the brass either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 06:50 pm:

Renea, Don't worry your husband has been trained by US Navy on how to polish brass And to that point I will be holding him to the highest standards! If he fails at this he will need to polish all the brass cars in our club till he gets it right!....or not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 09:42 pm:

Mike.... OR NOT!

Here's my tailgate hardware

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 09:50 pm:

Another Martin Parry bed, a 'long bed' Pickup :-)

Original decals of the dealer who installed, and the mfg decal, missed getting it all in the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 09:55 pm:

Dan... Very nice. "Long bed"?
Pardon my ignorance but how long is a long bed?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration